Why do men like to play games?

Playing games is immature. Someday you will get yours. Games are only fun for so long. It could end up backfiring on you.

cuz it's fun!! and safer than direct approach, in some sense ...

I just wanted to make one more point before I go. I do not know how old you are but a lot of younger males like to play games. Some older men do too. This is why women do not trust men sometimes. You may meet the woman of your dreams and she may have trust issues because of meeting so many like you before.

Playing games is immature. Someday you will get yours. Games are only fun for so long. It could end up backfiring on you.
I just wanted to make one more point before I go. I do not know how old you are but a lot of younger males like to play games. Some older men do too. This is why women do not trust men sometimes. You may meet the woman of your dreams and she may have trust issues because of meeting so many like you before.

For the same reason women like to play games.

Game playing is not gender specific, in case you haven't noticed. Women play games just as much as men do. And not ALL men do it. Nor do ALL women do it.

Why do SOME people like to play games in general? Well, because they've decided that it works for them. All it's really based on is the individual's preference. If you're dating someone that plays games and you don't like it, then stop dating them. It's that simple.

That would be my guess. Game playing is done so that you can get what you want when you want it, and usually means that you wouldn't get it without playing the games. So it is usually the habit of liars and cheats to play games. Or else it's because they are emotionally afraid. Which isn't a fun game to play either. Any way you look at it, if you see games as screwed up, than just avoid anyone who plays that way.

Can anyone answer that question?

Sometimes men have to play games to some extent.

Truth is women are turned on by them, I think women have a natural instinct to play and have fun as they go through young adulthood as they are mentally prepared to raise children that need a lot of that kind of attention. Also, a man who is not totally agreeable and predictable shows he is independant and not in need of mothering [which is certainly not what the women wants to be in a relationship!).

If any man goes around being totally honest every step of the way and pours out every little emotion in detail, he will get stomped under the tallest stilletto.

Fact of life

Oliver