Should I return this call?

I had an affair with this guy over a year ago then I never saw him since because he travels alot and we don't live in the same city. I persued him a bit aggresively for some time, but he didn't respond in the same way, so after a while I forget about him and went on with life.

Anyhow, a few days ago I got this message from him on my anwering machine! (I NEVER expected him to call me up!!)He also called my grandmother and asked for me, but I wasn't there either.

I had written him a letter over six months ago which I had sent to one of his work places and he only just got it now.

He said to me on the message that he wanted to talk to me and see how I was doing, that he got my letters and could relate to them very well. He even left me his personal cell phone number which I never had before.

Now I'm not sure if I should call him back right away or if I should wait a while so as not to give the impression that I had been "waiting" for his call for a whole year!! I'm still so shocked that he called and don't really know what I would say to him now because my life is so different than it was when I was persuing him. I am flattered and touched to think that he would call me even though he is thousands of miles away. (maybe he thinks I will travel to where he is to see him, but I'm too busy and more sensible than I was way back "then")

In any case it wouldn't hurt to return his call, would it?

Oh that's special..two married people having a fling. Lovely.

So now you're not (big surprise), but you're not sure if he is...and you're not sure if you should contact him again. Ahh what the heck, go for it....don't let morals and self respect and respecting someone's marriage and wife get in the way.

L