I don't know ?

For the past couple of weeks this girl has been showing interest in me now I'm 27 and girl is 19 and we work together so at first I was a little iffy on whether I should ask her out and so she would tell how she called to see if i was working,and tell me what she liked to do so I knewed she liked me but again the age thing and I'm studying for the firefigther exam so I knew I would not have a lot of time 2 spend with her and she also in school and work.So had a couple times when could have asked her out but didn't not.So lately she been giving me hugs and smiling but when I try to talk to her she will talk to me 4 a quick secound and just cut off the talking to me and quickly find someone else to talk to 2 she has done this a number of times so I just continue with what I was doing but so it's hard for me to get to know because she does this I want to get her away from work so I could get to know her better because it seems i cant do anything at work So sunday I got her phone number and asked if she liked to go out on friday she was like well she so I waited until today 2 call and the conversation was very brief I ask if she was busy on friday and she said she let me know tonite so I went to talk to her today and greeted her and she did the same old quickly finding someone else to talk 2 thing so I was pissed off cause she did the same thing on the phone early now I didn't bring anything up about going out she was telling me how she had so much things going on her life and I was like u need 2 take things slow cause she seems stress all the time then she quicky turn to talk to someone else. So I didn't talk to her until the end of the night and I talk to a friend and she was like u need to just have a private talk just u and her.And see want on her mind and find out if ur waiting ur time. So at the end of the night I went to see her and ask her one more time if see was free she told me her had her doing something I was like ok cause I'm not trying to stress u out or anything I know u have on ur plate now so she told me just wanted to be friends but would steel like to go out. I just want to get her away from work so I could really get to know her is it worth my time to pursue or should I just focus on my exam and leave it be?