I don't jealousy anymore

Richard

I used to envy them. Now having learnt that a number of my ibankers getting laid off the past 3 months i stop envying them. There's no free lunch in the world. Sure, some of the smartest ones stay in the industry, but many of them are under the constant fear of being sacked.

Anyone with the same thought?

I think you ought to live your own life and not worry about who is losing their jobs. When you learn that someone has lost their job, feel compassion towards them. However, I'm sure they knew of that possibility and will quickly learn not to put all their eggs in one basket.

While losing a job is certainly not fun, it is not fatal and many great lessons can come out of the experience.

It would also be nice if you would work to get real happy about your state in life so you didn't have to envy other people.

How many of them really come from prestigious universities? To make it in the real world, they need more than good language skills and wit. they need a brand name degree and solid intelligence, not just its variants.

Your logic is highly irrational.

Losing one's job in a sagging economy has a lot more to do with demand for services, the strength of a company, the status of suppliers, etc. rather than the level of a person's education, where they graduated from, and even intelligence. It is assumed they had the requisite intelligence to get hired in the first place.

Graduating from a prestigious university...or any university at all...is no guarantee of success in any work environment. A good education can give you a nice jump start but true success is dependent on the shrewd maneuvering and career planning of the individual.

Bill Gates, one of the richest men in the world and argueably one of the most successful as well, dropped out of Harvard University after one year and went right to work.