Internet Dating...

I don't remember...

I don't remember...

Well, I left a post a while back about how to go about internet dating, don't remember what my nickname was so I just used someting stupid, anyway,

You gave me good advice, all of you, but the problem is, it didn't really work.

I followed the advice to not be too forward and to not scare the young woman off because it is the internet and she might be afraid.

I did not ask her for her phone number, because as one person said, that is a big No-No on internet dating. SO i left her my phone number and went from there.

We exchanged a dating service email first and then our real email addresses about a week later.

We kept exchanging email's for about a month, when her emails kept saying we had a lot in common, she was single, etc etc. So i, thinking maybe we should talk, hey, maybe nothing would happen, but it would be nice to hear a voice... Anyway.... She never did call and now she hasn't even sent me an email back. I haven't sent her an email since i left her my phone number, and I probably won't send her another one...... I mean i don't mind having more friends, email friends, etc, but i really don't get it.

Our emails previous to that were getting very personal and we seemed to be growing closer and she was the one who hinted that she was single and that we had lots of stuff in common and that she thought that was a very very good thing.

My question is, Did I give her my number too soon and scare her off, it was about a month exchanging emails, personal emails, I really don't know...

Lost in Internet Dating Land...

personally, i don't think you gave her your number too soon, but this MIGHT be the case where she doesn't want to call you first, she might rather you call her ("make the first move").

BUT, you just absolutely NEVER EVER know what people are thinking, and everyone's "rules" for dating / meeting people are different.

also, i believe you might be making a stretch to assume too much about someone based on e-mail exchanges -- just something to keep in mind!

i think you need to figure out what works best for you (as far as arranging phone calls, exchanging numbers, etc.) with meeting people on the internet. it will be fine for some people you come in contact with, but not for all of them, but there's nothing you can do about that.

one thing though . . . don't give up!!! this is one of the best ways to meet people that i know of, but it's by no means PERFECT!! also, keep in mind -- there are MILLIONS of people on the internet, don't let one bad experience bring you down!

Well, I left a post a while back about how to go about internet dating, don't remember what my nickname was so I just used someting stupid, anyway, You gave me good advice, all of you, but the problem is, it didn't really work. I followed the advice to not be too forward and to not scare the young woman off because it is the internet and she might be afraid. I did not ask her for her phone number, because as one person said, that is a big No-No on internet dating. SO i left her my phone number and went from there. We exchanged a dating service email first and then our real email addresses about a week later. We kept exchanging email's for about a month, when her emails kept saying we had a lot in common, she was single, etc etc. So i, thinking maybe we should talk, hey, maybe nothing would happen, but it would be nice to hear a voice... Anyway.... She never did call and now she hasn't even sent me an email back. I haven't sent her an email since i left her my phone number, and I probably won't send her another one...... I mean i don't mind having more friends, email friends, etc, but i really don't get it. Our emails previous to that were getting very personal and we seemed to be growing closer and she was the one who hinted that she was single and that we had lots of stuff in common and that she thought that was a very very good thing. My question is, Did I give her my number too soon and scare her off, it was about a month exchanging emails, personal emails, I really don't know... Lost in Internet Dating Land...

Don't read into it too much. It doesn't seem like you did anything wrong.

Since you met through a dating service, she probably was emailing a few different people, and felt a stronger connection with someone else. She could have met someone else real-time. She could have lied about her marital status/ description, etc. You'll never know, so just put her out of your mind.

Just chalk it up as another Internet experience and try not to get too attached to anyone you are emailing.

Don't give up.

Well, I left a post a while back about how to go about internet dating, don't remember what my nickname was so I just used someting stupid, anyway, You gave me good advice, all of you, but the problem is, it didn't really work. I followed the advice to not be too forward and to not scare the young woman off because it is the internet and she might be afraid. I did not ask her for her phone number, because as one person said, that is a big No-No on internet dating. SO i left her my phone number and went from there. We exchanged a dating service email first and then our real email addresses about a week later. We kept exchanging email's for about a month, when her emails kept saying we had a lot in common, she was single, etc etc. So i, thinking maybe we should talk, hey, maybe nothing would happen, but it would be nice to hear a voice... Anyway.... She never did call and now she hasn't even sent me an email back. I haven't sent her an email since i left her my phone number, and I probably won't send her another one...... I mean i don't mind having more friends, email friends, etc, but i really don't get it. Our emails previous to that were getting very personal and we seemed to be growing closer and she was the one who hinted that she was single and that we had lots of stuff in common and that she thought that was a very very good thing. My question is, Did I give her my number too soon and scare her off, it was about a month exchanging emails, personal emails, I really don't know... Lost in Internet Dating Land...

It is a really good question and under the circumstances, I don't think you gave out your number too soon. I really don't. I think if after we've chatted a few times we didn't exchange numbers then that might mean there is no "love" connection or whatever. So, no I don't think you did the wrong thing.

Also, I would like you to remember one thing, this is just one girl. One. There are so many out there. Don't give up so soon because there are a lot of other women out there. Try to remember that. I don't think you should give up so easily, it takes time to adjust to new things and meeting people is no different. I too am doing the internet dating thing and so far I haven't had any luck but I'm not giving up yet. It's only been a couple of weeks but I am not exactly discouraged and I expect that something like this will take time.

So you say you two talked a bit and then you worked up the nerve to give her your number, try not to take it too personally. Don't sweat it too much because you never know exactly what is going on at the other end. She could have had some kind of work or other complication arise. Maybe she was caught in a bad break up and hasn't exactly gotten over it yet. Or maybe she just felt that she wasn't ready to meet people yet. Whatever the case, a lot of times you will find that it doesn't reflect on you but on the other person. So you should feel good about that. YOu did okay and now you know that you have the courage to meet new people.

Don't let it get you down. If at first you don't succeed, try and try again.