how long

how long, my love? will you ignore me? how long will you hide your face from me?

I need you every minute of the day. How long must i wrestle with my thoughts and everyday have uncetainly in my heart? how long will my sadness triumph over me?

look on me and answer, my love. Give light to my eyes

i need your reassuring words. whisper to my ears ; i love you

or i will fall asleep in heartache and sadness

i trust in your unfailing love ; my heart rejoices in the thought of you

i will sing to you in my dream, for my soul is longing for your and your company

1. how long, my love?

How long does it take to soft boil an egg?

2. will you ignore me?

Yes, unless you enjoy Monday night football.

3. how long will you hide your face from me?

Until I get off the CIA payroll.

4. I need you every minute of the day.

I don't think so, unless you are a parking meter.

5. How long must i wrestle with my thoughts and everyday have uncetainly in my heart?

Until you learn to pay attention and ask good questions. Some work on your spelling would help too.

6. how long will my sadness triumph over me?

Until you get the doctor to write a script for Prozac!

7. look on me and answer, my love. Give light to my eyes

i need your reassuring words.

I wish I could to that but tonight...well, I have a headache.

8. whisper to my ears ; i love you

I wouldn't mind doing that but, frankly, you're not my type...and I don't like people with lots of wax in their ears.

9. or i will fall asleep in heartache and sadness

i trust in your unfailing love ; my heart rejoices in the thought of you

I must say I wasn't expecting this. I am deeply flattered but unable to return the feelings now...I have to be somewhere in a half hour.

10. i will sing to you in my dream, for my soul is longing for your and your company

My company was bought out several years ago, in one of those hostile takeovers. But have your soul call me broker for some great stock tips. There are lots of companies out there now that are great bargains.

Do you talk to everybody this way?

Tony you are an ass. This is poetry. Haven't you heard the expression, if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all?

To the poster; Your words are beautiful. Familiar. I could've written that.

1. how long, my love? How long does it take to soft boil an egg?

2. will you ignore me? Yes, unless you enjoy Monday night football.

3. how long will you hide your face from me? Until I get off the CIA payroll. 4. I need you every minute of the day. I don't think so, unless you are a parking meter. 5. How long must i wrestle with my thoughts and everyday have uncetainly in my heart? Until you learn to pay attention and ask good questions. Some work on your spelling would help too. 6. how long will my sadness triumph over me? Until you get the doctor to write a script for Prozac! 7. look on me and answer, my love. Give light to my eyes i need your reassuring words. I wish I could to that but tonight...well, I have a headache. 8. whisper to my ears ; i love you I wouldn't mind doing that but, frankly, you're not my type...and I don't like people with lots of wax in their ears. 9. or i will fall asleep in heartache and sadness i trust in your unfailing love ; my heart rejoices in the thought of you I must say I wasn't expecting this. I am deeply flattered but unable to return the feelings now...I have to be somewhere in a half hour. 10. i will sing to you in my dream, for my soul is longing for your and your company My company was bought out several years ago, in one of those hostile takeovers. But have your soul call me broker for some great stock tips. There are lots of companies out there now that are great bargains. Do you talk to everybody this way?

YOU WRITE: "Tony you are an ass"

Yeah, I can be that at times. But poetry is a personal thing and, when you publish it, you open it up to whatever interpretation a person wants to give to it...just like any other artform.

I am sure you would not be in favor of censorship and denying others the pleasure of being poetically playful.

here's some minor adjustments. hope you like them:

how long and wide, my love? will you ignore me? how long will you hide your hairy back from me?

I need you every minute of the day. How long must i mud-wrestle with my neighbor's cousin's best friend's grandma? and everyday have wax in my ears? how long will my toenails grow?

sit on me and answer, my love. Give sight to my eyes

i need your reassuring turds. whisper to my dog ; i love you

or i will fall on my keester and get big bruises

i trust in your 1981 Chevy pickup truck; my heart rejoices in the thought of you driving that old rustbucket up my driveway

i will sing to you in my neighbor's outhouse, for my soul is longing for you to get off your fat ass and buy me a cappucino, hold the whipped cream.

how long, my love? will you ignore me? how long will you hide your face from me? I need you every minute of the day. How long must i wrestle with my thoughts and everyday have uncetainly in my heart? how long will my sadness triumph over me? look on me and answer, my love. Give light to my eyes i need your reassuring words. whisper to my ears ; i love you or i will fall asleep in heartache and sadness

i trust in your unfailing love ; my heart rejoices in the thought of you i will sing to you in my dream, for my soul is longing for your and your company