Friendship Turning Intimate: Not Enough Time?

I've recently noticed that I've developed a serious love interest for a girl that I've become really good friends with throughout the year. (I've known her for approximately five years, but we were never really "friends" per se.) One day, under no particular circumstances, she came forth and told me that she really liked me. Coincidentally, I was actually planning on telling her that I liked her the day before, but I never managed to muster up enough courage to do so. As a result, I told her about my feelings the next day, so as of now, we're both aware that it's mutual.

Now, as things would have it, we're both seniors in high school, and with college approaching fast, there doesn't seem to be enough time for a relationship, especially because we won't be going to the same school. Does anybody feel that this is enough of hindrance to prevent a relationship from developing?

In addition, because I'm pretty new to all of this, I was wondering if anyone had any tips as to how to approach blossoming relationships in general.

Thanks in advance.

I told myself the same thing when I left home for college. I knew her for about 5 years before that summer, and we finally kind of fell for eachother. I told myself "Times running out, its not the right time to start something". As soon as I got to college I felt big regret. Within my first 2 weeks, she made a roadtrip with some friends, 400 miles to come see me. It was then we decided maybe its ok to start something - we were togather 2 years long distance after that. Great relationship, no regrets! Just make a move, what do you have to loose - you don't want to spend the rest of the year thinking "what if".

IrishCarBomb

It might be that she doesn't want to go to college a virgin, and you are the lucky guy she has in mind. I really don't have enough info to say this is the case, but I'd say it's a definite possibility.

Either way... you are thinking too much. Shut off that brain for a while and just act on pure impulse.

• Author

She's not a virgin, so I don't believe that's the primary reason. Things have been going pretty well so far. We're both very sincere about the whole thing. Sure, things have been progressing rapidly, yet at the same time, they've been pretty fluid as well. Everything that's happening feels right.

And yes, I'm acting more on impulse now, which is turning out to be more viable than all the inhibitions I had previously. Thanks everyone—I'm having a lot of fun. :)