My best friend has dated a great friend of mine for about 2 years now. It started senior year of high school, and he transferred to her college after they spent 1 year apart in a long distance relationship. Now it seems that they are both going to study abroad soon, and will be splitting up.

The girl my best friend dated was my childhood crush, we went out in 6th grade. She went to a private high school, so I never saw her for 6 years after she left until 12th grade- When she started hanging out with our social group and later dating my best friend. We both have a lot in common and respect eachother's company and intelligence- we have hung out a lot since she graduated from private high school. I have kissed her on more than one occasion when she was first hooking up with my friend, to while they were dating, to while they were on a short break, and recently after they have been together for so long. Her and I both attend college in the Rocky Mountains, which is 2500 miles from New England where her boyfriend was for freshmen year of college (he later transferred to the same school as her). I would often go visit her. I always feel so s***ty for my friend, but she is such a beautiful girl, and perfect in every way....I have had a thing for her since I was very young, and she is very compatible with me. Whenever I hang out with both of them, she acts kind of distant towards her boyfriend, like she is sick of him being him- because they have been together for so long.

I have never taken in further than a kiss, and have always wanted to be honest with her...It's kind of an unspoken thing, she knows I am attracted to her, and I know she is attracted to me. Should I just come out and say this to her?