Couple questions

Im a total newbie to this dating kind of stuff. so i have a few questions to how this works. im a sophmore in high school and i really like this girl. im pretty sure she likes me too. i cherish the moments i get to hang out and talk to her like after school and passing periods. we've been talking for a little less than a month and was wondering. what are the steps it takes from a friendship to a boyfriend girlfriend level? i also think i should act fast. im not sure but i think we are drifting away. : ( it really breaks my heart. whenever i really think about losing her my heart really sinks. things like she goes home early after school and we dont talk as much as we used to. she also told me that her friend really likes me and gets excited when she sees me in between classes. this is probably me just being paranoid but can anyone tell me whats up? ive had this happen to me 3 times already where i take too long and i lose them. please, can someone help me out? is this really what love feels like?