Crossing the line with...

Kevin

I am a junior working at a MNC whose jobs are highly sought after by university graduates. Although i am not directly involved in recruitment, i am sometimes asked to attend univeristy functions targetted at recruiting the brightest graduates.

At one recent function, i met really a sexy chick and told her to contact me as i would be able to help her get a job here (not really true). How do i go about asking her for a date without coming across as unprofessional?? She has been contacting me by email

You've already started this out with fraud but I guess all's fair in love, etc....but be kind of honest with her from here on out.

Call her to your office and take down the necessary information to get her a job. Do make some effort to keep your word but don't worry if you can't pull it off.

When you have news for her, one way or the other, call her and let her know you're schedule is busy but you can meet her somewhere on campus for a Coke or something to go over her options.

Once you get her in an informal setting and show her you are really concerned about helping her, you can ask her out...or ask her for most anything you want.

But be sure not to mislead her anymore. One thing will lead to another and you could get in trouble with your job.

Since this topic is not with Loveshack.org, but i have something with salary . So I'm sorry for OFF TOPPIC:

do you know why people resist salary cuts so much?

The cut will initiate a cycle of price drop in all areas and eventually everything will be just fine because all figures will adjust proportionally anyway due to demand-supply principle

YOU ASK: "do you know why people resist salary cuts so much?"

Most people are greedy and do not care about the financial welfare of the organization they work for or their fellow workers as much as they care about keeping a steady flow of increased monies coming into their pockets. They also never believe the companies they are working for are having financial problems.

The only workers that seem to get the message are the ones who show up for work one day and the doors are locked and the company is out of business. If workers would have been willing to take a pay cut, sometimes that wouldn't have happened.

Greed, distrust in their employer and an unwillingness to compromise for the good of all is the reason, my friend, that people resist salary cuts.

2. "The cut will initiate a cycle of price drop in all areas and eventually everything will be just fine because all figures will adjust proportionally anyway due to demand-supply principle"

Sorry, it doesn't happen that way...at least not for a very long time.

Usually, drops in prices are due to market, competitive or general financial conditions. Wages, particularly those that have been negotiated through a contract, are locked in.

Rather than lower people's pay, piss them off and get inferior work, companies opt to lay people off...terminate their employment...in order to reduce the size of their workforce while maintaining the remaining workers' rate of pay. That way the workers who remain continue to perform at an acceptable level and usually do ever better because they are grateful they weren't cut from the payroll.

Where do you get your information?