Friends?

Marika

My boyfriend and I have been going thru some really difficult times, partly because we are far away from each other as I am finishing a degree. I have a problem with being jealous for trifle reasons. He doesn't like it when this happens and keeps telling me that if anyone were most likely to meet someone else it would be me, not him because I am younger, outgoing and have more chances than him.

We got into a really stupid disagreement a week ago over the phone in which I cried alot. This crying 'broke his heart' and he decided it was better if we slow things down for a while, one reason being because he was beginning to have physical pains at night and another because he didn't want to see me suffer so much.

He told me that we would be "friends who loved each other alot" and that the future is "open" but right now he thought we should take time out, especially me, so I could gain back my self-esteem and work on some of my issues with a counsellor which I am doing.

Is it possible to just be friends with him after such a passionate history? Isn't it impossible to tell until we actually meet again face to face?

Totally forget the friendship stuff for a while. While you are in love with him, that won't work for you.

Long distance relationships are tough. Take whatever time it takes you to get over him and find someone who is in your proximity and not likely to move away. Cease all forms of contact with your ex, at least until you heal and move on. There is nothing productive to be gained by putting yourself through the pain of contact with someone you have a flame for who is in the market to see other ladies.

This long distance stuff is really tough. Try your best not to do it again.

You'll be fine.

sdf

My boyfriend and I have been going thru some really difficult times, partly because we are far away from each other as I am finishing a degree. I have a problem with being jealous for trifle reasons. He doesn't like it when this happens and keeps telling me that if anyone were most likely to meet someone else it would be me, not him because I am younger, outgoing and have more chances than him. We got into a really stupid disagreement a week ago over the phone in which I cried alot. This crying 'broke his heart' and he decided it was better if we slow things down for a while, one reason being because he was beginning to have physical pains at night and another because he didn't want to see me suffer so much. He told me that we would be "friends who loved each other alot" and that the future is "open" but right now he thought we should take time out, especially me, so I could gain back my self-esteem and work on some of my issues with a counsellor which I am doing. Is it possible to just be friends with him after such a passionate history? Isn't it impossible to tell until we actually meet again face to face?