Damn Holiday Romance!

I met this American exchange student at a recent University party and we ended up getting together. He is absolutely gorgeous and we have heaps of fun together. I show him around the city and he, uh, shows me around his bedroom. ;P

Anyway, at first I thought it was all harmless fun but as I get to know him I realise that I am becoming emotionally attached. There is more than sexual chemistry between us; we genuinly have a lot in common and he challenges me like none of my exes ever has. Anyway he is leaving in about a month and I am terrified of losing him. Even though I knew going into this situation that it was going to be a finite relationship, I never thought I could possibly fall in love with this amazing guy. What should I do? Everyone is advising me to cease contact with him now, but I can't bear the thought of not seeing him again. I want to live for the moment, but even now I get tears in my eyes thinking of the date he has to leave. Any advice?

You have three choices. Leave him now. Continue seeing him until he leaves. Move away with him, now or eventually.

If you're having fun and he isn't going to be around much longer, the pain is going to be the same whether you leave him now or in a month. Enjoy him for as much as you can while you can. You say you can't bear the thought of losing him but, face it, you're going to have to eventually unless you pick the third option, moving away to be with him.

I really don't see how you can be all that happy with somebody in a romance knowing they're going to be gone next month but if that's what you decide, and it seems that's what you want, knock yourself out.