am i being suckered ??

confused

I have known this woman for about 1.5 years and during that time we have been out maybe about 6 times. it has been a fairly complicated relnship and 3 times we met she has been interested on taking me home. however, i thought that there might be more here and so i held back and finally the last time i met her i expressed so -- i let her know that i was not quite interested in casual sex. however, i got the feeling that she was realy upset about the previous time i had not moved forward to her cues and signals -- and maybe even my comment about the casual sex. the story itself is fairly painful given that i was unsure of what i wanted so i kept holding back (i was later told by a friend that she might have interpreted that as not being able to make a committment).

the last time i met her she told me that she was not interested in a romantic relattionship with me and i basically told her that just friendship was not enough for me. i am not able to quite make her out as she still kept touching me holding my hands etc. in any case after that evening i called her once a week later and left a message that i would call later. since then i have been busy (about 2 weeks). last week i received an e-mail from her inviting me to her b'day party (it is also a party for a whole bunch of other people including her previous bf with whom she is friends with). should i go -- i am not sure whether she is still interested in me and i am getting the cold shoulder for my previous behavior or she just is not interested. i can't quite figure out why i got invited.

any advice ??

thanks.