whats up with him?

here's a short summary of recent events:

he asks me out

i say i need time to sort it out with some other guy (bf at the time)

i break up

some time goes by

after some confusion, i talk to him & turns out he thought i rejected him

so i explain - no, simply postpone, cuz i needed time to deal with that other guy (he knew i wasnt single), which i am now done with ...

so he seems happy about that

then we get together again ... i invite him in, alone (well my parents are home though)

he stayed talking till like 1am ... but never tried to hug or kiss me or anything! we were playfighting, so he had so many chances... why didnt he take 'em?

i'm attracted to this guy, so i dont wanna play it wrong... my guy-friends say he still isnt sure of my intentions, thats why he doesn't risk it...

any comments? thanks!

maybe he respects you too much and doesn't want to push it.

here's a short summary of recent events:

he asks me out i say i need time to sort it out with some other guy (bf at the time) i break up some time goes by after some confusion, i talk to him & turns out he thought i rejected him so i explain - no, simply postpone, cuz i needed time to deal with that other guy (he knew i wasnt single), which i am now done with ...

so he seems happy about that then we get together again ... i invite him in, alone (well my parents are home though) he stayed talking till like 1am ... but never tried to hug or kiss me or anything! we were playfighting, so he had so many chances... why didnt he take 'em? i'm attracted to this guy, so i dont wanna play it wrong... my guy-friends say he still isnt sure of my intentions, thats why he doesn't risk it... any comments? thanks!

The guy respects you, which is a good thing. Your guy friends are right. He wants to take it slow because obviously he really likes you and doesn't want to get hurt, just in case you change your mind and decide to go back to the other guy. You telling him it's over with the other guy doesn't mean a thing, he needs to see and realize it with his own eyes (in other words "only time will tell". If you're dating for 3 months and he still doesn't kiss you, then I'd say you'd have a problem, other than that, this guy sounds really nice.

• 2 weeks later...

i guess i don't get why you were dating that one guy in the first place, if you will just up and break up with him at the sight of another guy. was there a reason to still be with him at the time? or just waiting for someone, like #2, to come around?