she used to be a PROSTITUTE

Brian

I'm dating this girl, she's really hot, smart, funny, and just a cool person. i'm in love with her and she's in love with me, but she recently admitted to me that she used to be a stripper and prostitue when she was younger. she had already told me about her bad background, but never about this. at the time i told her i was okay with it and i really thought i was. but, the more i think about it the more it bothers me. it's like i want to know who exactly she slept with and who saw her naked, it really bothers me and i don't know what to do. i definitely don't want to break up with her, but i can't have a healthy relationship feeling this way. do you think this feeling will just go away on its own? how do i deal with this?

Her past doesn't matter, she didn't know you. Anything that happens after she meets you should be what matters. You need to let go of her past. She sounds like she had a rough time in her youth, cut her some slack. She's really trying to let go of her past and you need to help her. Just know that since you've touched her, no other man has, that's all that matters. Were you a virgin when you met her? I bet you've been with more than 1 girl in your past. Whether it's 1 or 100 people, it doesn't matter and it's over. She is who she is today (the women you love) because of her past experiences. She wouldn't be the person she is today without it, she'd be a totally different person. If she didn't have the past she had, she and you may not even have been interested in each other. You probably wouldn't even had met her at all, because she could have been married already or off in Europe or something.

Understand that the past experiences happen to us to help mold us into the person that we are supposed to become - good or bad. If you love her, then you need to let it go, otherwise let her find someone who will not hold her past against her and who will love her for who she is, and be understanding of what she was. She's made mistakes, obviously has realized it, has learned and grown from it, and wants to change her life in a positive way. Help her, support her, and love her for who she is, otherwise it will be your loss in the end, not hers.

Have you tried talking to her about it? It must have taken alot of courage for her to share these things. My best friend was a stripper and resorted to the same thing to make extra money to support her and her son. I know she wasn't proud of it. I guess it doesn't really matter who it was with. She was obviously with people before that so why does it bother you so much now? If you love her that much and want to keep things together than you are going to need to find a way to deal with it. Also make sure she is clean!!! You wouldn't happen to live in youngstown OH would you??? But anyways, I know this may seem off the subject, but I going to share my experience. I am in love with a drug addict. I knew he was one before we started dating and unfortunately he took a wrong turn and has landed himself in jail. I have stuck by him. But because I made this decision, his addiction is mine now too. This is the choice we have and a choice we have to make. If you love someone that much and are willing to accept their flaws, you just have to learn how. The past is the past. Nothing we can do to change them now. If you can handle it,great. If not, life is too short. Don't live it torturing yourself.Remember though, Love is a gift. Some people spend their whole lives trying to find it. So if you really love her, give her a great big hug and an amazingly good kiss and don't let go. Take it from someone who does not have the luxury to do so.

I'm dating this girl, she's really hot, smart, funny, and just a cool person. i'm in love with her and she's in love with me, but she recently admitted to me that she used to be a stripper and prostitue when she was younger. she had already told me about her bad background, but never about this. at the time i told her i was okay with it and i really thought i was. but, the more i think about it the more it bothers me. it's like i want to know who exactly she slept with and who saw her naked, it really bothers me and i don't know what to do. i definitely don't want to break up with her, but i can't have a healthy relationship feeling this way. do you think this feeling will just go away on its own? how do i deal with this?