In LOVE with best friend!

typical male

Hi, I'm thinking of chickening out in telling my best friend that I'm in love with her. I'd like to hear from anyone out there who have been in, or know someone who has been in a situation where either they were in love with a close friend or the friend was in love with them. I'd love to hear the stories...what was the outcome, good or bad, doesn't matter.

I just want to know that I'm not a freak and that others have been in the same predicament before and can relate. Thank you all. *smile*

typical male

We went to high school together he had followed me around like a lost puppy. After school, I offered him a job at my place of work (family business). We were great friends he and I hung out after work. Hung out with my crowd every chance and we were very attracted to each other but I pushed him to the back of the line because he was younger than me by a year and I felt he needed maturing. Besides I was already seeing someone. Than at the spur of the moment I decided to move out of state. I moved 1000 miles away but my family kept me up to date on him. He had got a girl pregnant, married her and they bought a house. A year went by and than I was told he was in a divorce. Well I was home sick by than, my five year relationship was over. I went back home. I was amazed at how beautiful he looked. I couldnt take my mind off of him ever. After three months I asked how he would feel about an intimate relationship, and he agreed and said "we have always had this feeling between us havent we". I agreed, but because of the divorce he had been going through our relationship quickly turned into a great big love/hate game that we still play to this day. I love him and want to spend time with him. He wants sex and than wants to leave till he wants sex once again. Because he had become so close with my family over the years I was gone, I realized that this man will be in my life for a very long time and my parents call me to warn if he is visiting them just in case I decided to come by. That way its easy to avoid him. He no longer works for the family business and I do. But he still comes around the office as well as my parents home. My father is his best friend. Yesterday he came in the office shut my office door, lifted his shirt to show his nipples and proceeded to talk about what he wants to do to my body. My reaction is dead of course, because Im growing tierd of his games. He said he didnt want strings attatched, does not want to hold a women and deal with their emotions no matter who they are. He said that he has deep feelings for me but cant give me what I want which is (dont zip your pants and leave me so soon) but he cant give that to me. A couple hours later I went by his house to pick up my leather jacket I had left over the weekend. He seemed down and said "I cant give you what you want. But do what your heart wants. About our conversaion earlier about sex, just stew in it and think about it for a couple days and give me a call if you want." I said yeah , you too....

I hurt much we had a friendship, and still do. I feel like we cant be lovers, and we cant be friends. Its been over a year that I have been in a state of confusion. We ultimatly will have sex again. It will feel great on so many levels but after its were through, its the same old games. Im trying to stay strong. I want him , but I dont want to be his whore. Is that what I am to him?

Hi, I'm thinking of chickening out in telling my best friend that I'm in love with her. I'd like to hear from anyone out there who have been in, or know someone who has been in a situation where either they were in love with a close friend or the friend was in love with them. I'd love to hear the stories...what was the outcome, good or bad, doesn't matter. I just want to know that I'm not a freak and that others have been in the same predicament before and can relate. Thank you all. *smile*

typical male

Hi, I'm thinking of chickening out in telling my best friend that I'm in love with her. I'd like to hear from anyone out there who have been in, or know someone who has been in a situation where either they were in love with a close friend or the friend was in love with them. I'd love to hear the stories...what was the outcome, good or bad, doesn't matter. I just want to know that I'm not a freak and that others have been in the same predicament before and can relate. Thank you all. *smile*

typical male

Hey there,

Well i am a 19/f and about 2 years ago, my best mate of (then) a year, stopped the car as we were driving home one night, shut of the engine, and told me straight out that he was in love with me, and had never felt this way about anyone before. I was stunned, i mean i was in a relationship and had never expected this. Coulnd't say anything, think i would have come out with something stupid like 'Thank You' so he started the car and drove me home.

Anyway my oh so perfect relationship fell apart, and he was there for me. We went on a date - suggested by my best girlfriend, - and ended up sleeping together. We were very drunk. Thing is i met someone else, and although it was just casual, he couldn't handle it and stopped talking.

I miss him so much, and just wish things could go back to the way they were. I need him sooo much but he's not there anymore.

Now i think i should have never slept with him. I regret it so much. Things are awkward, and i've lost him forever.

So now i'm done cheering you up, bet you just want to run a mile. If you think she might feel the same go for it. But if there is any doubt hold back for a bit. You don't want to lose her after all