WHO PAYS???

Case Sensitive

Case Sensitive

My parents are coming in to town this weekend to visit me at college. I'm currently dating a guy and my parents want to meet him. We're planning to go out to dinner. I was wondering if my b/f should pay for dinner or my parents pay for him or we each pay for ourselves?

He pays yours and the your daddy pays your mommas

My parents are coming in to town this weekend to visit me at college. I'm currently dating a guy and my parents want to meet him. We're planning to go out to dinner. I was wondering if my b/f should pay for dinner or my parents pay for him or we each pay for ourselves?

Your parents pay, hands down. They want to meet him, and it is just customary. Trust me on this one, it is just unspoken ediquitte.

Further on up the road, yes...if he asks them to dinner, he should pay, maybe. But the initial contact, if nothing more than custom, should be paid for by the parents, if they are willing and able. If there is any doubt about their willingness and/or ability, I highly suggest you work out these details before they create a highly uncomfortable situation.

On another note, If I ask a girl out on a first date, I ALWAYS pay, as she was my guest...I asked her...she may pay some time subsequent to this, if she asks me..(this is a great way of getting a second date, lol...)

Please, I'm positive of this one...

Paulie

i agree with paulie. thing is, i would almost guarantee this won't even be an issue, because they're almost certain to OFFER to pay!

Your parents pay, hands down. They want to meet him, and it is just customary. Trust me on this one, it is just unspoken ediquitte. Further on up the road, yes...if he asks them to dinner, he should pay, maybe. But the initial contact, if nothing more than custom, should be paid for by the parents, if they are willing and able. If there is any doubt about their willingness and/or ability, I highly suggest you work out these details before they create a highly uncomfortable situation. On another note, If I ask a girl out on a first date, I ALWAYS pay, as she was my guest...I asked her...she may pay some time subsequent to this, if she asks me..(this is a great way of getting a second date, lol...) Please, I'm positive of this one... Paulie
Case Sensitive

Thanks...I'm just a little worry that's all. Since it's the first time that my parents will meet him and all. I want everything to be perfect. I even pick out what he should wear and tell him how he should act and stuff. A little nervous...as you can see I want my parents to have a good impression of him. If they don't offer to pay....I'm sure he could pay for me and my parents could pay for themselves.

Once again, thanks!!!

f

Thanks...I'm just a little worry that's all. Since it's the first time that my parents will meet him and all. I want everything to be perfect. I even pick out what he should wear and tell him how he should act and stuff. A little nervous...as you can see I want my parents to have a good impression of him. If they don't offer to pay....I'm sure he could pay for me and my parents could pay for themselves. Once again, thanks!!!