cheating while drunk

kattac1969

Need some advice. The other night my girfriend and I went out drinking, at the end of the night she started a fight and left me and went to her ex-boyfrinds house where she said she just needed to talk to someone...well one thing led to another and they ended up in bed. She says that she doesn't remember the whole night and was crying the whole time. Do people really do stuff they normally wouldn't when they are drunk? Can we work through this? Has anyone been in this situation and worked it out?

Sad & confused

is it true once a cheater always a cheater?

She cheated on you plain and simple!!! Now it's up to you? Can you accept this and is this person important enough to let this go? You must sit down and have a heart to heart with her, find out what is really going on and determine wheather or not this relationship has a future. Don't hesitate as this can not be sweep't under the rug! Be calm but direct and find out where you future lies with each other.

Yes, people do stuff they normally wouldn't do when they have been drinking, but drinking is not an excuse. No matter what activity a person voluntarily participates in, they are responsible for their own behavior. Unless she was raped, then she willingly had sex with this other guy. Since you did not mention her accusing him of rape, I assume she did it voluntarily, drunk or not.

She may be very sorry that she did what she did. I hope that she is. Nevertheless, she has a problem. If you allow her to treat you and your relationship this way, you are in for rough time. I would not put up with this from someone I was in a committed relationship with. I would end it. Right now!