Myspace/Facebook Question...

ronnieromance

A girl I met on webdate pulled that s*** once. She had my myspace password. I was forced to fire her. It was unfortunate. Jealous peopel are jealous people. You can't do anything to change that. Only they can if they are mature enough to realize its usual irrationality and stop the feelings before they grow into actualization.

-R-

I think it's a pretty bold assumption to think your gf is snooping and has your password. I think that's more bold than her assumption of you and this maggie girl. Honestly, how would you feel if your gf posted some message on some dude who you've never met or heard of asking to meet up? Wouldnt you feel just a tinge of jealousy? I think your gf has reason to ask what was going on and I dont think you are handling it very well. Instead of reassuring her, you're looking for reasons to not trust her and blame her. I agree with the others. If you want to go out and meet ppl, that's cool, but dont lead someone on while you do it. Break up first, then persue others.

I think it's a pretty bold assumption to think your gf is snooping and has your password. I think that's more bold than her assumption of you and this maggie girl. Honestly, how would you feel if your gf posted some message on some dude who you've never met or heard of asking to meet up? Wouldnt you feel just a tinge of jealousy? I think your gf has reason to ask what was going on and I dont think you are handling it very well. Instead of reassuring her, you're looking for reasons to not trust her and blame her. I agree with the others. If you want to go out and meet ppl, that's cool, but dont lead someone on while you do it. Break up first, then persue others.

Umm yeah, jealous girls will go to far lengths to snoop around. I've been the victim of that. I'm not at all surprised she has your password, in fact, it wouldn't surprise me if she had been reading emails and MySpace/Facebook messages for months now. Get out! Jealousy is the killer of relationships. Go have fun with Maggie ;)

• Author
Slapshot2286

Ok you guys are still misunderstanding what's going on between me and Maggie, which is nothing. What I meant by "boytoy" is that I heard she had a boyfriend, but that he wasn't at the party that night, but then she brings this guy home and is making out with him and whatnot. I figured he's either her boyfriend or somebody on the side, so I just said boytoy. My interest in Maggie goes as far as you noticing a hot girl on the street. You say wow, she's hot, but you keep walking. I'm not trying to cheat on my girlfriend here, just hang out with some cool people.

In response to the whole snooping thing, I'm not ASSUMING my girlfriend has been snooping around on my stuff. I'm 90% SURE she has. There is only ONE way she could have seen Maggie's profile, and that's if she was on MINE. There is absolutely no other way. What would my girlfriend say if I'd said that on a guy's wall? Would she be pissed? No. I will hang out with guys the same as girls. She feels threatened because the girl's good looking. I guarantee if I posted that on some 300lb girl's wall, she'd probably not even mention it.

the way the network works is that she could be the friend of a friend of maggies and still read her wall..

You can see anything in your network.. on facebook or myspace..

If someone that is not in your network becomes your friend, you then can see anything in their network.. including their friends.. which are not yours..

On myspace, you can't see a private page unless you are directly on the friendlist, not if one of your friends are. You still wouldn't have access.

As far as the OP's gf having his password. It could be that your gf made up a bogus identity and when she saw that she was on your friend list, she added herself onto Maggie's and has access that way. Unless after you changed your password you are finding out that she no longer can find out what you are posting on Maggie's page, then it was your password she had.

• 2 weeks later...
UPDATE:

I talked to Maggie 5 minutes ago. Told her the story. She said that her privacy settings are "FRIENDS ONLY." She said its for sorority reasons so the pledges can't see their pictures and stuff. So there you have it. The absolute only way she could have seen it was to either know Lauren's password or mine...and Lauren doesn't even know her well enough to recognize her on the street. So she had my password. Wow this is a really s***ty realization to come to.

Here's a little upside. While talking to Maggie, she invited me to come over tonight because they're playing drinking games. That could be fun.

if your GF and this Lauren person (the middle man) know each other well enough she might have been at her house while she was on FB and saw your comments that way. Even if it wasn't Lauren, does she know anyone else in maggie's circle well-enough that she might be around them? I my friends let me check out profiles of ppl I don't know/ am not "friends" with, all the time. Not that big of a deal...

but bottom line, just ask your girl for the truth and be done with it.