Administrivia: New LoveShack.org Message Forum

• Board of Directors

Hi all,

I'd like your input on the new message forum we're working on. It's rather different from the one we're all used to in that it categorizes posts based on the subject matter, rather than having them all grouped together. While you will still be able to see all new posts, the categories make it easier to search for posts with content that you might be more interested in. Each category contains multiple sub-forums dealing with various flavors of each type of relationship/issue. Right now we are looking at using the following schema:

Category: Romantic

- Dating

- Marriage

- Alternative Lifestyles

- Divorce

Category: Platonic

- Business

- Friends

- Family

Category: Health

- Sex

- Mental

Since the system we are using is currently under beta development, we'd like to get input on what sort of organization you think would work best for our community and begin working on the structure before we release it on the site. What forums/categories would be useful to you? What sort of organization would you like to see? Please either post your responses here or send us an e-mail. Feel free to alter the list above any way you see fit. More forums/categories or less. Thanks for the input and for your patience as we continue to work on restoring the site!

Best wishes,

Paul

I offer the following in the absence of not knowing what sub-forums there will be so perhaps some of these I added could be in that category. Instructions should be clear and help posters go to the proper category.

Category: Romantic

- Dating

- Marriage

- Alternative Lifestyles

- Divorce

- Workplace Romance

Category: Friendships

- Platonic

- Business

- Longtime

- Acquaintances

- Family

Category: Transitioning

- Friendship to Romantic

- Romantic to Friendship

- Acquaintance to Dating

Category: Breaking Up/Reconciliation

- Dating

- Divorce

- Friendships

Category: Health

- Sex

- Mental

Category:

-General

Hello Paul,

I am interested in reading posts to all of the categories you have mentioned. I do like Tony's idea of separating relationships into romantic, friendly and transitional states. The option of seeing ALL new posts would be preferred by me.

My experience with other message boards is that most people will just post to the "General Category", because they aren't sure where they fall.

Yours truly,

Ed