Experiencing Difficulty When Not Together

Hi everyone,

I've recently entered a relationship with a friend of mine and everything has been going well. There is, however, one thing that I've noticed that is making it particularly difficult, and I don't quite know how to explain. We usually see each every day, but we don't spend all that much time together. It seems that every minute I'm away from her I yearn for her so greatly that I really start to hurt. It sounds silly, but I really can't concentrate on anything because she is always on my mind. Is this just a phase I am in because the relationship is fairly recent? What can I do to—not necessarily take my mind off of her—but to somehow continue regularly (the way things were before the relationship began)?

Thanks.

Some people act like addicts when in love. You sound like one of those people. You cannot make another human the entire focus of your life and thoughts; it's very unhealthy. So if you can't pry your mind away from her at least enough to function well in the rest of your life, it's time to go talk to a counsellor and ask for help.