All the actors aren't in hollywood

Janice

I am married a year and have dated this man for 10 years. I am 26 years of age and I feel as though the relationship has gotten worse since the wedding. I am starting to feel trapped lately. I know I love him...but just how much I am not sure.....I find myself looking towards others for companionship, friendship and sexually. I know I shouldn't do this, I even thought of having an affair...but I could not do that to him....

I sometimes will see a girl and say...god, she would have been good for him....I know, he deserves better but I am really messed up now......

I thought these feelings would pass when we got married, but they seem to be getting worse. I don't want to let down my parents, who have no beliefs in life after divorce...and they feel you made your bed you lie in it....I also don't want to let him down, because I know he loves my in his way...and I always promised him forever.......I guess I also don't want to let down all the people who said we wouldn't make it....But I am not happy..and I am confused........

Wow ... you sound like what I would have sounded like in another 20 months. I'm currently engaged, but in the processes of breaking it off. I've spent the last many months going through what you are going through and I just kept thinking that there's got to be something wrong with me that I don't love this man enough to be truly happy. I talked with some friends about my situation, and actually just went to a counselor last night and I realized that I deserve to marry someone who is my everything and that I'm not a failure or a mean person to break up with my fiance. I'm actually doing him a favor because he deserves better than what I can give him. Set up an appointment with a relationship counselor and go talk to that person by yourself and then take your husband with you. It's definitely worth the time and money. You know in your heart what's right and what's not. Divorce isn't the end of the world and whoever came up with 'you've made your bed now lie in it' was probably a very unhappy person. You deserve to be happy.

Good luck.

I am married a year and have dated this man for 10 years. I am 26 years of age and I feel as though the relationship has gotten worse since the wedding. I am starting to feel trapped lately. I know I love him...but just how much I am not sure.....I find myself looking towards others for companionship, friendship and sexually. I know I shouldn't do this, I even thought of having an affair...but I could not do that to him....

I sometimes will see a girl and say...god, she would have been good for him....I know, he deserves better but I am really messed up now......

I thought these feelings would pass when we got married, but they seem to be getting worse. I don't want to let down my parents, who have no beliefs in life after divorce...and they feel you made your bed you lie in it....I also don't want to let him down, because I know he loves my in his way...and I always promised him forever.......I guess I also don't want to let down all the people who said we wouldn't make it....But I am not happy..and I am confused........