Is he trying to tell me to leave him alone or is he making me jealous?

OK, I was dating someone for a bit and after I over-reacted with him one night, we were pretty much done. I saw him out last week (after trying to call him twice to apologize,) and since he didn't call me back, I started flirting with guys in front of him last week to make myself feel better since I felt rejected. At the end of the night, I tried to talk to him once more to see if he wanted to go out and he pretty much ignored me. I got the hint.

Anyways, tonight, there was a band playing that he knows I always go to see (stating to me before that he hates the band). He showed up with some girls and a few of his guy friends. I made sure I stayed away from him and for the most part, had my back turned away to avoid contact. (I wanted to make sure that he understood I got the point he did not want to talk to me).

This was an outdoor event and the only reason people go inside the bar is to maybe order a different drink not available outside. Anways, when I walked out of the restroom inside the bar, two fo his friends were standing against the wall staring at me (they had no purpose being inside). I honestly felt like the guy I am talking about had his friends go in there to check on me, why I don't know. I ignored them though and went back outside.

When I went back to my group, his friends came back out and went over to talk to him. At this point, I was facing the stage far behind them. They all turned around and looked at me and were obviously talking about me. I tried to ignore it and then the guy went out of his way to put his arms around this girl (like he was embracing her from behind) and she kept turning around to inform him that I obviously saw. (I almost felt like it was set up or something because she was so unattractive, I couldn;t see how he would be interested in her). Nonetheless, it upset me and I felt like he was making a point to tell me to leave him alone or something, even though I did nothing at this point to make him think I was interested anymore (in fact, I was with my male buddies having a good time). I left shortly after since the band was finishing up their songs but it probably looked like I was upset, although that was not the reason I left. I just wanted some insight why he was purposely doing this...

Who cares why? You're done with him and are moving on. Let him make a fool of himself like this if he wants to. He's trying to play games with you. I would just continue to do what you're doing and ignore him.