In love with good friend

I am 2 years older than my male friend. He just being transferred to my department. As we shared the similar position last time, we seem to be in the same level of thinking all the times. I didn't want to accept him in the office at first. But after that I realized he was kind of someone that I am looking for. He is intelligent and can make me laugh, that's the important one. After few months I realized I do like him. At first, I always reject if he asked me to go out (not dating) then after months he told me that he was trying to wooing a girl. He should realized from my reaction as I was kind of shock. But I tried to react normal by giving him some tips. At this stage, I tried to loosen-up and ask him out like going for lunch and cinema together. But seems like his relationship with the girl going to be more steady and they even plan to get engage end of this year. He hurts me alots now. I tried very hard to find other job and I really do hope I can forget about him. But's not so simple. I still have hope that I will get him. Oh my God..please help me...I thought he is the one for me..but maybe he is...I should confess??

NO! Don't confess. Unfortunately, you didn't take the chance when it was offered. Anyway, it would be a mistake to date someone at work. I think your idea of getting a new job is a good idea.