I want u back!

civic

You want it, you got it...

... you've already had the romance at one time so I'm sure you know which old tricks work to turn the person soft. Maybe a certain look, or a little token of affection, that meant a lot to you both before may work again. You might be surprised to find that it does. However, without knowing the status of the breakup, there could be some suspicion or hostility to overcome, and they may shoot you down because they don't trust you.

But just keep in mind, with the old spark comes the old problems and the old arguments -- be prepared for the consequences.

How do you re-spark an old romance? Everyone has tried to get back an ex, give me some tips. (Even if you think I'm crazy and acting stupid!)

YOU WRITE: "...Everyone has tried to get back an ex..."

You make a lot of hasty generalizations. I know a great many people who have not made this attempt. A lot of people work hard to make a relationship work but, when it's over, they accept that. I think that's the way it's supposed to be.

Where do you get your data?

Why should you want to respark an old romance? Now if you're still in it, that's one thing. But going around trying to respark old romances is insane.

hi civic,

here's a tip:

get on with your life

the reasons i say this are because:-

a) you obviously broke up for a good reason(s);

b) if they broke up with you, you could be about to make a class-a fool of yourself by chasing someone who called the relationship off (and hence, creating more pain);

c) if it's meant to be, it's meant to be and no amount of wooing or chasing may change that. what if your ex has moved on?

personally, i have never tried to get an ex back. i've tried to understand where things went wrong and may have contacted them so i can learn and move on. but even that pisses them off (that i will never do again).

nearly all of us have had to deal with a break-up that we wished didn't have to happen. good relationships break-up and bad relationships break-up. we hurt from that loss, we miss that person, we wish we could have things back to what we were used to.

but we also deal with that loss and the feelings that accompany it and learn from our experiences. we are better equipped to put to use what we have learned and create a relationship better than the last one with a person better suited to us.

so do yourself a favour...cut your losses and move on because when you do, you'll see what a wonderful thing hindsight is and feel much better for it.

best wishes :)

radioactivegirl

Miss Mojo has spoken. Great advice. There's a reason you're broken up. Look to yourself to fulfill what is missing and satisfy your own emptiness with something you've never done before. Fill the void with something you've always wanted to do like sing, dance, go back to school become a mechanic etc... When you release your ex and concentrate on you you'll see more, be more and connect more with people you should connect with. Try one thing.

hi civic, here's a tip: get on with your life the reasons i say this are because:- a) you obviously broke up for a good reason(s);

b) if they broke up with you, you could be about to make a class-a fool of yourself by chasing someone who called the relationship off (and hence, creating more pain); c) if it's meant to be, it's meant to be and no amount of wooing or chasing may change that. what if your ex has moved on? personally, i have never tried to get an ex back. i've tried to understand where things went wrong and may have contacted them so i can learn and move on. but even that pisses them off (that i will never do again). nearly all of us have had to deal with a break-up that we wished didn't have to happen. good relationships break-up and bad relationships break-up. we hurt from that loss, we miss that person, we wish we could have things back to what we were used to. but we also deal with that loss and the feelings that accompany it and learn from our experiences. we are better equipped to put to use what we have learned and create a relationship better than the last one with a person better suited to us.

so do yourself a favour...cut your losses and move on because when you do, you'll see what a wonderful thing hindsight is and feel much better for it. best wishes :)