Major issues

Lovey dove

I know it's not ok to hit women, but last night my wife hit me w/ a shovel, and then I proceeded to punch her out. I think I have every right to hit her, but I have never felt this pain in my heart, ever. I love her, but she is very abusive. I am only a small guy 5'4, 120lbs, and she is rather large 5'7, 250lbs. She had an abusive up-bringing, so she deals w/ issues w/ violence. My question is, I am sitting hear at home waiting for the police to show up, whats going to happen to me, am I at fault? How can she hit me, and probably get away w/ it. Should I run? Please someone help.

If the police are, in fact, on their way to your house, my advice won't help, because you won't be there to read it. You are most likely going to jail.

If your claim is true, jail is probably a good place for you to be, safely away from her and her away from you. If you are charged with an offense, you will have your day in court. Seek advice from a good attorney about the possible criminal and civil matters ahead of you.

When you get out of jail, post here again and let us know how you are doing.

not really up on the law with spousal abuse and all, but this sounds like self-defense to me. i'm thinking that if she goes to the police, and she's got visible abuse marks, then you might get a visit . . . thing is though, you've got to have some MAJOR damage from a shovel!!

regardless of what happens here, i think you two need to see someone about this, or end this abusive relationship.

p.s. don't run, i can't imagine that would help out any potential case here!

one more thing, what happened immediately FOLLOWING this incident??

I know it's not ok to hit women, but last night my wife hit me w/ a shovel, and then I proceeded to punch her out. I think I have every right to hit her, but I have never felt this pain in my heart, ever. I love her, but she is very abusive. I am only a small guy 5'4, 120lbs, and she is rather large 5'7, 250lbs. She had an abusive up-bringing, so she deals w/ issues w/ violence. My question is, I am sitting hear at home waiting for the police to show up, whats going to happen to me, am I at fault? How can she hit me, and probably get away w/ it. Should I run? Please someone help.