Why is she doing this?

Ok, the girl I have been seeing is my friends sister. She has wanted me to ask her out for the past year and a half. Everything has been fine until yesterday she stood me up and didn't even call to say she couldn't make it. Well today one of my friends called her and she said one of her friends was having a mental breakdown and that is why she stood me up, I understand she wanted to comfort her friend but why didn't she even call to let me know? And then now she doesn't know if she wants to date me because she doesn't know how my friend(her brother) would react to us dating. I don't know what to do. Her brother already said he doesn't care but she still has it in her head that he would overreact. I told her in the beginning that I felt uncomfortable dating her because of this but now it seems she just realized what I was telling her. I like her so much but now I don't know because she won't talk to her brother about it. I told him how she stood me up and he said he would talk to her about it. This is killing me. Why would she want me to ask her out and then become doubtful as to how it would turn out because her brother is my friend. I always hang out at their house and now I don't even know if I can bring myself to stop over there now because of the situation. Why is she doing this? I want to date her but now I don't know if it's such a good idea because she is playing games and can't make up her mind.

1. "I understand she wanted to comfort her friend but why didn't she even call to let me know?"

Because she didn't want to...or perhaps because she's young and irresponsible. Then again, there's a chance she really didn't care to.

2. "I told her in the beginning that I felt uncomfortable dating her..."

Exactly what every girl wants to hear. Music to her ears. After that, you wonder why she isn't dying to see you???

3. "Why would she want me to ask her out and then become doubtful as to how it would turn out because her brother is my friend."

For the challenge of it. Once you asked her out, her agenda with you was over. There was no more challenge.

4. "Why is she doing this?"

She's just a young, chirpie girl. She can do most anything she wants. It's up to you not to put up with it. Take a hint a move on. She'll have lots more respect for you that if you stick around and take her abuse.

5. "I want to date her but now I don't know if it's such a good idea because she is playing games and can't make up her mind."

I don't know why you would want to date her at this point but the latter part of your sentence is profound. I don't think your decision on whether or not to continue this crap is going to be a difficult one.

Whatever she's doing, she's not making any sense to me either. Don't waste your time trying to figure this one out...all this confusion isn't worth it...

You yourself didn't even ask her out until her bugging you for a year and a half about it. On top of that, you felt uncomfortable from the beginning because of the situation. It doesn't sound like it's going to go on much longer.

Since you were hesitant at the beginning, I think you'll be much happier without her. Find someone who won't play these games and will have her mind made up about what she wants.

Good luck!