Can the Loveshack Admin intercede here?

Laurynn

Hard to say if this post is real or if it's some sick MoFo thinking he's being funny. Either way, it's very disturbing. If it's real, then someone just admitted to attempted rape and isn't sure if he can stop himself from trying it again. If that's not a crime, I don't know what is. Can someone notify the Loveshack Admin (or some type of Cyber Police Service) and report this person?...trace their IP and report them to their local authorities? If nothing else, it should at least be investigated. And if this is nothing but a troll, he should still be reprimanded....for making false statements about committing a crime (attempted rape). Rape or attempted rape is nothing at all to joke about. Does anyone know how to contact someone about this?

L

Laurynn,

Hard to say if this post is real or if it's some sick MoFo thinking he's being funny. Either way, it's very disturbing. If it's real, then someone just admitted to attempted rape and isn't sure if he can stop himself from trying it again. If that's not a crime, I don't know what is. Can someone notify the Loveshack Admin (or some type of Cyber Police Service) and report this person?...trace their IP and report them to their local authorities?

Considering the anonymous nature of the LoveTalk forum and the global expanse of the Internet, we simply do not have the capacity nor the resources to act effectively in a case such as this. Law enforcement agencies already have their hands full with investigations, and messages such as the one posted simply show no signs of validity. If this person indeed is coming to the site searching for advice on how to end his or her deviant behaviors, the response given here was not one of any constructive nature. Statements such as "sick MoFo" and "troll" do not help this person make a step in the direction needed to solve this problem. If this person feels that they are no longer in control of their actions and that they feel an overwhelming need to engage in the sorts of activities described, they need to pick up a phone and contact their local emergency services. Whether it be dialing 911 here in the United States, or another type of similar service in whatever country or locality this person might be from, immediate help beyond the realm of the forum is needed.

If nothing else, it should at least be investigated. And if this is nothing but a troll, he should still be reprimanded....for making false statements about committing a crime (attempted rape). Rape or attempted rape is nothing at all to joke about. Does anyone know how to contact someone about this?

The only condition in which we would be able to release any such information from this forum would be that we were required to do so by legal warrant or a set of very specific circumstances in which we believed that a person was truly in danger. The nature of the original post and the banter that followed between various posters and the original poster indicates that this was indeed a foul joke. If anyone is concerned about the content of any post, e-mail me. This thread has been deleted.

L

Best wishes,

Paul

If this person indeed is coming to the site searching for advice on how to end his or her deviant behaviors, the response given here was not one of any constructive nature. Statements such as "sick MoFo" and "troll" do not help this person make a step in the direction needed to solve this problem.

Oh heavens to betsy, pardon me. Perhaps if you'd been raped like I had (years ago), you'd use words like that yourself. I'm sure I speak for any woman (or man, cuz it happens to them too) who's ever been raped.

And let's be real here...if someone was legitimately admitting to attempting to rape someone, do you think this place is going to provide them with the kind of help they might need? Do you seriously thinkk that if someone is truly wanting to rape someone, they're going to read a response here that suggests they get help/call 911 and suddenly a light will go off in their head and they'll say to themself, "yeah, that's what I should do!"

Furthermore, seeing how the age limit here is 14+, I don't think it's very appropriate for posts talking about rape to even be on here.....but hey, that's just me.

And I've frequented tons of different forums and message boards over the years....and I don't understand the big problem with you/the administrators here dealing with idiots who post crap like this. Every board I've been on (and those I've owned/moderated myself) has a feature for the Board Owner to check the IP# of each post.....and it doesn't take very much for them to contact the "abuse" dept at their Internet Provider, send the URL of the offending post and report them....then their ISP can deal with it. It's done all the time, every day of the year, all over the internet. These idiots are even permanently banned from posting on the forum again. I guess things are a little more lax here.

And what do ya know, old "Ben" turned out to be a troll after all, didn't he?

L