casual dating

let me try n make this short:

im a fairly inexperienced young gal, trying to date around n have fun

all is well, except one of the guys im casually dating attracts me more than others. however, this relnship cant be anything but casual - for various circustances.

am i creating myself a heartbreak by hanging around him?

he is about to leave for half a year as usual... we started dating not too long ago, before that we were 'friends', and when he was out of town like that, he'd come back n we'd get together every month or so. i dunna whats gonna happen now - probably same thing... and i know im gonna miss him.

the reasons it cant be un-casual: we both need more experience b4 settling down; he's out of town (about an hr away) half the year every year; we're both only half way thru college

other guys i forget about the second i say bye ... this one stays on my mind for days after i go out with him...

comments?? thanks!

PS i realize that even if everyone says its better if i stick to guys w/out emotional involvement while i date around, im not gonna let go of this guy & i'll see him whenever i can ... *sigh* is that silly to do?

Whether or not you are creating heartbreak by hanging around him is up to you. That's a decision you have to make for yourself. Since you know all the facts ahead of time and you know he will be away for long periods of time, I would think most rational people would prepare themselves for that so as to minimize any hurt.

I would hope that you would be open minded enough to entertain seeing other guys should you meet one who interested you. On the other hand, you could be interested in this particular one in order to avoid long term intimacy. Only you would know that question.

Go about doing what you are doing. But learn from your experiences and make corrections as time goes by and you learn more about yourself. That's sort of the way it's supposed to work.