My BF's best friend is jealous of me - and he's a guy!!

My BF's best friend is jealous of me - and he's a guy!!

At first I thought that maybe he just didn't like me - he was always standoffish and kind of snooty but what I have come to realize is that he is afraid that I am stealing his best friend. I have really tried not to get in the way of their relationship but my BF just seems to enjoy spending his free time with me. ( I even suggest some nights that he call "Joe" or go to "Joe's" house - but he doesn't want to) This friend will stand between my BF and I when we are out together and go out of his way to shift conversation onto him and onto their past exploits together. But, this is where it gets messy - I think "Joe" thought that like most of my boyfriends past girlfriends (he has never had a serious relationship before) I would go away eventually and here we are going on eight months:) . So, we are out on the weekend at a stag and doe and I am in the drink line while my BF is at the table. Well, doesn't Joe get into line beside me and proceed to touch my arm and then run his hand up my leg. I jumped away from him as quickly as I could but I don't know if I should say anything to my BF. Maybe he had had a little bit too much to drink - I don't know. But it did make me highly uncomfortable and nervous. Could this be his way of trying to break us up - what do I do??

Citizen Erased

I think that judging by his behaviour, there are two reasons for this.

- He may be standoffish because he is attracted to you, may have some feelings for you. He does this because you are his mates girlfriend and he doesn't want to hurt his friend. He was drunk, he let his guard down and perhaps let his feelings show through.

- He feels that his friend is his and doesnt want to share him. He cracked onto you to see if you would stay loyal to his friend or fool around with him. That way he could break your relationship up.

Either of these scenarios are bad and you should inform your boyfriend of what he did and make him aware of how uncomfortable you are with his friend. Be mature and leasant to the friend, but I would suggest staying away from him friend from now on!