We met...now what!!!!!

Missone

About six months ago I met a really nice guy over the internet in a chat room..Since I am always talking to people , I felt really good about this guy so we deceided to keep in contact on a regular basis...well we found out that we have a lot in common it just clicked..He lives in Canada and since I dont live that far away in the US it wasnt unrealistic of us to eventually meet. Well as our conversations increased, so did our feelings. All we were basing our mutual like for each other on was our personalities(of course) and our descriptions..Well about a couple of weeks ago he told me he was ready to come over and meet me..I agreed and he did..The visit was good,,,but it was also awkward..we were very nervous and I started to get doubts that he did not like me..He told me he did and he was having a good time so I believed him. Eventually,at the end of the weekend..He left. We talked again about two days later and it was awkward again.We talked about meeting again but no date was discussed. My question is ...do I worry that it is not going to go anywhere or shall I just not over analyze this situation and hope that it is something that will progress...I am sooo confused.

I understand how you feel, I've been in a similar situation and it's hard to know what to do when you have that new-meeting awkwardness. My friend and I were very close online but when it came time to meet I was completely nervous and didn't act like myself at first. With time it does get better though! If you really like this person, even if you don't end up "getting together" you'll always have a great friend, right? You can analyze things all you want but it may be one of those situations where you just have to wait and see. Keep the lines of communcation open, try to remember that you are the same people online as off. Being around each other will get easier once you become more comfortable. Bonne chance.

Take care.