The Stop It Thread

OK Shackers, I need you folks to tell me to stop it. And what I mean by that is...every time I think of or whine about a certain moron who I'm hot for, who is of course a player, a liar, an idiot and a chauvenist pig who doesn't give a rat's a** about me, I need everyone to just tell me to STOP IT. Mad TV/Newhart fans know what I'm talking about. :p

Anyway, feel free to be as blunt as you want. I can take it. ;)

Thanks!

• Author

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

There was a skit in which the dude from Newhart (crap, can't remember his name, he was the main character) played this therapist who kept telling this one patient to STOP IT. She had all these serious things she wanted to talk about (i.e. her claustrophobia, etc.) and just kept telling her to STOP IT. And he charged $5 for the appointment.

That's the kind of therapist I need. :laugh:

• Author

Uhhhh...the guy's name was Bob Newhart. Duhhh....

I'm blaming my age on this one. My parent's would've know his name. :p

...every time I think of or whine about a certain moron who I'm hot for,

What do you find so attractive about stupid people. I mean, don't get me wrong - stupid people are people too, but do you feel it necessary to be their mother, or is it that you like your thoughts to be unprovoked?

I've got it! Morons are always getting into trouble. Maybe that's the attraction.

Uhhhh...the guy's name was Bob Newhart. Duhhh....

I'm blaming my age on this one. My parent's would've know his name. :p

STOP IT! Just stop rubbing it in that people of a certain age remember Bob Newhart when it originally ran! STOP IT!

(Yeah, I should have been in bed hours ago! Please tell me to STOP IT!)

• Author

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Oh man, I'm sorry. However I really am old enough to remember Newhart, otherwise why else would I have mentioned him at all? :p

As for idiots, who knows. I'm uncontrollably attracted to him. Always have been. There's absolutely no sense to it at all, and it's destroying my life.

I'm sure it has to do with low self esteem and all that other stuff. :sick: Plus I'm a total drama queen. :cool:

I thought you only knew about that show from re-runs. I mean didn't that run like before you were even born? Not sure when exactly that show ran but I'm thinking it was in the early 70's.

Plus I'm a total drama queen. :cool:

As in - an attention seeker? So you want someone that will tolerate all your moodiness? I can see how that could be somewhat selective.

• Author

No way, figure early to mid 80s. I think it came on Monday nights but I could be wrong.

Hey, you were supposed to tell me to stop it. :p

No way, figure early to mid 80s. I think it came on Monday nights but I could be wrong.

Hey, you were supposed to tell me to stop it. :p

STOP IT! I was talking about the ORGINAL Newhart show. Ok, never mind..now I'm dating myself. How embarassing. I'll slink off to my geriatric bed now.

Oh and one more thing...

STOP IT!!!!!!!!!! (You know what I"m talking about!;)

• Author
As in - an attention seeker? So you want someone that will tolerate all your moodiness? I can see how that could be somewhat selective.

Women are moody. That was actually an attempt at sarcasm. :rolleyes:

As for being an attention seeker, I drink enough in that it I'm always the center of attention, be it positive or very much not (i.e. like last night).

And where is your obligatory Stop It? :laugh:

Where is Alphamale. He'd have no problem telling me to stop it. :laugh:

And where is your obligatory Stop It? :laugh:

It seems I have your willpower. (And I'm surprised that I could be bothered typing this.)

• Author
It seems I have your willpower. (And I'm surprised that I could be bothered typing this.)

:laugh: What willpower?