I'm pregnant - dating less than 2 months

I have been good friends with my friend, lets call him R for more than 8 years.

Almost one year ago, we got drunk together and we both admitted that we had feelings for each other. It has been a long road until now, I was still getting over a long-term relationship, however he has waited for the year until I was ready for a relationship.

We started dating 'officially' less than 6 weeks ago. So far, it has been great. He really is everything that I dreamed of. We have know each other so long, have been such good friends, everything is very comfortable between us.

But, I am freaking out now. My period was late (never happens) so I took a test, and it came back positive. I have no idea what to do. I know R will stand by me, but I am freaking out. We have been dating less than 2 months and this is something that will totally change our lives. I am not sure that I even want a child at this stage of my life, however I know R will.

Any advice. He is out of town until Friday morning, I don't really want to tell him over the phone.

Well, ultimately the decision on what to do is yours. But don't leave him completely out of the equation. Talk it through together. Possibly seek some advice from a counselor before you make a final decision.