Do I have a right to stop this?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for about two years, we graduated from high school together and hung out a lot afterwards and hit off. We are in college now and we don't get to see much of eachother as we would like. We both work and have our own lives so it is understandable. Recently thought he has been doing different things. Hanging out very late and not answering phone calls anytime of the day. Even e-mails. He was kicked out of his dorm and decided to move into a house with this girl he knows who admittedly really likes him. However, he swears there is nothing going on.

I am worried that I know the games that can be put on lonely guys just like my boyfriend. I am not there. She is. She's willing to do anything for him. You know the type. I told him I would do anything to help him get another place but he said it was ridiculous since he could live there for free and she would even do some of the housework. ----So anyway, I am fuming, he tries to reason with a decision that should be a no brainer-no way in hell.

I really love my boyfriend, and we have been through a lot together, but we have admittedly had some rough circumstances thrown at us. Is this another rough circumstance I should just accept, or say that maybe I should move on to someone who has more respect for me then to do that?

bethbeatrice

I suggest having one last calm talk about this situation. Let him know that you feel he has crossed a boundary in your relationship and it is hurting you. If he is willing to take steps to get out of his current situation, then stay with him. If not, I would think of moving on.

Moving is with that girl is completely inappropriate imo.

And I agree that this should be a no-brainer.

I think that a little talk about what is acceptable in a relationship is in order.

If you haven't had a discussion about boundaries, and what constitutes "crossing a line" in a relationship, it's time for it.

If he will not listen, I'd suggest to dump him, tough as it might be.

bluechocolate

Do I have a right to stop this?

How? Forcibly move him out of that house?

I am worried that I know the games that can be put on lonely guys just like my boyfriend.

Lonely guys that just don't know how to control themselves? Are there other people living in this house?

It sounds like he could be trading on this girls interest in him to secure a place to live, which is not a nice quality, but what if he finds somewhere else to live & has to share with a woman? Will that be OK?

I kind of think that if you dont' trust him, then you don't trust him. I'm not entirely convinced that his current living arrangements are the only (ore indeed real) issue here.

I am a man. I have been through 4 years of undergraduate education and 3 years of law school. I am experienced being in your boyfriend's shoes. To be blunt, he is cheating on you and he shoulden't be. Not because cheating is wrong and awful, but because he shoulden't have you as a girlfriend in the first place. When your boyfriend moves into a home with another girl (that isn't you) its time to dump him.

SERIOUSLY...

I can't even believe this is a discussion.