Ex contacts me on her bday, should i meet up?

So today i was online at work today and my ex contacts me from there. Her screename is her bday so its practically in your face. Although today is the day i didnt acknowledge it.

From what we spoke about today she really wanted to meet up and gave me several offers on different days, even when i said i was busy during the week. She talked about the good times we had drinking and even suggested meeting when the fall semester begins.

What happened was today she was coming out to the city to have dinner with some friends and proposed to meet afterwards, or maybe she was lying and just wanted to spend bday with me. I suggested a counter offer for next week where ill be free...even then she offered another offer for morning after her bday.

From what she spoke about today, she may still have the hots for me.

So i said if i can make it id give her a call tomorrow or next week. Whether or not she wants me back, of if this is a booty call (rebound), i dont know. all i know is i wont be so trusting of her as i used to be.

I suppose im still a little interested in her. If we do meet up should i just grab her and kiss her or wait first to see what her intentions are?

I suppose im still a little interested in her. If we do meet up should i just grab her and kiss her or wait first to see what happens?

A little interested? :rolleyes:

She was probably feeling all nostalgic around her birthday. And maybe a little lonely for admiring attention from someone who's a little interested in her.

No, don't grab her and kiss her. If you're going to be less trusting until she shows you she's trustworthy, then don't put yourself so far out on a limb like that.

• Author

you're right. anyway i decided if we're going to meet up it has to be on my terms and the day i pick. I dont care if it's her bday she can wait for my phone call all day if she wants.

If you are interested in getting her back into a relationship, you should probably wait and see her intentions before you decide what to do. Being elusive like you are is probably a good course of action at the moment. Make her think about what she wants.

If, however, you just want to get laid and be her rebound person, then go for the kiss and such.

When this sort of thing happens to me I often wonder if its because she wanted a birthday present. And certainly the attention.

I think staying elusive and on your terms is a good idea, meet up way after her birthday.

Come on! An ex would have to be really stupid to think that you would get her a gift on her bday if you guys don't talk or talk like very couple of weeks...

I think it's as simple as this...

She misses you (as friends or a bf...)

She wats to se you and thought that her bday would be a good occasion to ask you without sounding too desperate since she's coming out of town...

She wants to see you on her bday or tht day after because she is driving or I don't know how but she is comint from out of the city to see her friends and maybe won't have the time or the money to come back another time....

what do you think?

:bunny:

• Author
Come on! An ex would have to be really stupid to think that you would get her a gift on her bday if you guys don't talk or talk like very couple of weeks...

I think it's as simple as this...

She misses you (as friends or a bf...)

She wats to se you and thought that her bday would be a good occasion to ask you without sounding too desperate since she's coming out of town...

She wants to see you on her bday or tht day after because she is driving or I don't know how but she is comint from out of the city to see her friends and maybe won't have the time or the money to come back another time....

what do you think?

:bunny:

I think you may have hit the nail on this.

anyway she has lots of time on her hands and plenty of daddy's money to spend on transportation, etc.

But im pretty sure she just wanted to see me yesterday cause it was her bday, likely just as a friend as my gut tells me.

I checked my phone today and ironically she had sent me a text the night before about being at X restaurant...likely with her gal friends, probably hinting to me where i could find her if i was in the area, even after stating clearly i was busy that night.

Anyway i called her up today to set a day to meet and chat, offered and counter offered a few upcoming days. in the end it was a dumb idea because neither of us agreed on any of the days and she was a bit on defensive mode, and said she'd call me if the days i suggested are good for her. if she doesnt call back i dont care she's not worth the trouble, not even as a friend.

• Author

wow, talk about flakey. The 2nd biggest load of crap so far from her. I just got a text saying she couldnt meet up tomorrow cause she's in philly...hahaha

Ya she just wanted to see whether you would meet up with her, she wanted an ego boost. Since you said yes, she suspects that you still like her/want her so she got the little self-esteem boost that she wanted so theres no reason to meet up anymore. You should've said nah and it would've confused and frustrated her.