More to it than this?

Hi...figured I would join, thanks for reading me~

guy friend...close guy friend that I work with...we were together the other day and he started playing with my phone. Thought it to be a bit strange, but didnt analyze it like I normally would....until the subject of another man from our work came up...and then, little by little, I started to realize (I am slow) that the other man at work and my close guy friend checking my phone is closely related.....

It appears that my close guy friend was checking my phone these past couple of days to see if I was calling this other man at our work...

*At first, close guy friend denied, stating that he was simply looking to see what games I had available....for the past 2 days??

*Admitted to it, saying that he only wants to protect me.

What would you think about these actions? Would that be considered a red flag of sorts if I wanted to enter into a relationship with him at some point?

• Author

What I mean to say is...I guess I could consider it as jealousy, but something about the whole action just threw me off....

the sneakiness maybe? or the way he got one over on me, because I am such a great analyzer, and cant believe that he was able to sneak one in on me that got past me?

But, I told him that it was sort of violating my privacy, and he doesnt see it as such...do any of you?

I also told him that I thought perhaps he didnt trust me, and didnt feel as if he could just ask me instead of pawing through my phone....he said that he does trust me, and that wasnt the case....

but, would this worry any of you, if you were thinking of entering into a relationship and going to a different level with someone or am I just being too cautious? sorry so long.

It's none of his business who you're calling, and yes, checking your phone was sneaky and a violation. Yes, big red flag. You're not even dating and he's already snooping into your life. Can only get worse from here.