Wow! One phone call...

One phone call...and my feelings evaporated.

Long story made short - I've been talking to this guy online for a few months now. Me and him messaging each other back and forth. Talking about all sort of stuff and just friendly talk nothing too weird or crazy or sexual. At first I saw him as friend...didn't have any feelings. But I knew he was interested. Now that months have gone by I've started to like him.

He called me. The phone call didn't go well. I didn't like talking to him and I DID NOT like his accent.I felt like all my feelings were drained. It was such a turn off.

So, how is this possible? How did I just change so fast?

How do I gently drop him.. let him go? Help!

Just tell him that you are really not interested in meeting him. The online chat was nice but you decided thats were you want to leave it. Don't use right now or anything that would make him think there is a possibility for later.

It sucks I did the same thing on the voice. Talking to a person on the phone for so long as just friends off and on. Never met. I go to bring her coffee and find she is older and really not what I was looking for. Really nice person but no interest after seeing her. She died a few years later.

I feel bad but there was nothing there.

I don't want to hurt his feelings. So, I'm not sure what to tell him. I'm thinking of coming up with an excuse. I know I should be nice and gentle about it.

He is Australian. and they have strong accents. I thought it wouldn't be a big deal. I live in the US. So it is different here. Maybe I should give him a chance?

I don't want to hurt his feelings. So, I'm not sure what to tell him. I'm thinking of coming up with an excuse. I know I should be nice and gentle about it.

He is Australian. and they have strong accents. I thought it wouldn't be a big deal. I live in the US. So it is different here. Maybe I should give him a chance?

Thank you both for your replies.

I really don't know what to do. I don't like him, and don't want to pursue being friends with him for too long. Perhaps I should just forget about this whole thing.

Although he is good friend, since he listens and advices me about stuff.