friends or more?

LaTristesseDurera

LaTristesseDurera

Hi I have met a girl who i have become friends with, we have met a few times for a drink and the last time we spent most of the day together, and have exchanged a lot of text messages. Everything has happened very quickly and we are great friends after a short time. I know I'm falling for her, just trying to work out if the feelings mutual, she is the kinda girl whos friendly with EVERYONE, but she has told me she gets on with me better than any guy she has known. She has also told me, she doesnt want to leave when we are together. she also keeps going about how well we get on and fate must have brought us together to be friends.

Lots of people keep making comments about our friendship and we have talked about this, and how we are friends but people always annoyingly assume more, and we really know whats going on (suggesting shes not interested)

am i being blinded here, or does it sound like she may be interested? we have a great friendship and dont want to lose it if I tell her how she feels and she doesnt fell the same way. Is it worth the risk?

Just ask her. Next time you talk about these people who are assuming you're more than friends, ask her if she's ever considered being more than friends with you. If she says she doesn't know what she thinks or hasn't thought about it, tell her to give it some thought and that you will as well.

That way you're not actually saying you want more, but are putting the idea on the table. She can pick it up or drop it, but either way, it's not like you've declared undying love and passion so your friendship ought to be able to survive if you're truly friends.

And maybe she'll say she thinks that's a grea idea!