I'm so jealous now

I work at a video store along with two other co-workers, and one of them I get along so well with. I don't like to date anyone I work with since I had a bad mishap when a relationship went sour. However, after working with her for about a month, I found her to be so attractive and when friends who usually share my opinion couldn't see why I thought she was so cute, I thought hell with the job just get the girl.

As soon as I came back from my day off I was going to ask her out after we closed the place down. That day started well, she was flirty and I was flirty. It was a slow day and we were able to joke around. Then it all come crashing down. I was nearby restocking the shelf and some guy approaches the counter and just asks her for her number, she writes it down and he just walks away without saying anything another word. The guy seemed creepy but I could tell she was touched because she was blushing for like 20 mins and then she went and call her friends about it.

Then today she comes in and she has her hair all fixed up and acting all giddy. Is there anything I can do at this point in time? I think he hasn't call her yet and maybe he won't but if he's going by the three day rule then he will on Thursday or Friday. Why would she give her number to a complete stranger? We went out twice after work but only for coffee so it makes sensse that I would have more of right to date her than a stranger? Any words of wisdowm, please say?

I was nearby restocking the shelf and some guy approaches the counter and just asks her for her number, she writes it down and he just walks away without saying anything another word.

Wow, looks like the untalkative caveman approach can get results.

Or perhaps he was so confident because she kept smiling at him, batting her eyelashes, touching her hair and sending out positive signals.

Then today she comes in and she has her hair all fixed up and acting all giddy. Is there anything I can do at this point in time?

You can ask her out or at least let her know you are interested (frankly,

if she is acting giddy because of someone else (are you sure it's because of him???) you probably don't have many chances, but what do you have to lose???) or wait to see how things go with the silent directly

-approaching dude.

I think he hasn't call her yet and maybe he won't but if he's going by the three day rule then he will on Thursday or Friday.

Rules are so annoying. :rolleyes:

Why would she give her number to a complete stranger?

er, because she likes him?

We went out twice after work but only for coffee so it makes sense that I would have more of right to date her than a stranger?

Actually, not. It does not make sense. When you haven't even started dating you don't have any rights. Did you go out for coffee as friends? Ore were it more like dates? Does she already know you are interested?

Tell her how you feel. The worst that can happen is she says no, work is ackward for a while and then things normalize. You never know, maybe she has no idea you like her and that's why she accepted a date from this guy. You will never know unless you try and just tell her the truth.

She could have been giddy because the other guy paid her some attention and asked for her number.

That's a good sign for you. Go do the same thing. Strike up a conversation with her. Throw in a compliment (genuine about something you like about her, physical or the way she handled something, or something she said.)

Then ask for her number. Say you'll call her later to talk some more. Smile. Wait for her to say something, or to write her number down. It worked for the other dude. Bet it works for you, too.

(If for some crazy reason she shoots you down, by all means, act cool. Just smile and say okay see you tomorrow at work. Continue to be nice at work.)

But, I betcha she'll be all giddy over YOU asking her. It's always good to take a chance.