Just another confusing one....when a girl says you're cute, often what does it mean? Your accent is cute, you have a cute smile, you're cute even you're angry...etc etc. Even when you're not a couple but she says it when you give her a hug or something. (Then she is sat on your knee or something like what happened to me last weekend)

It's nice to be complimented, for sure, but I am afraid I don't understand these signs. A lot of things are "cute" (pets, places, names etc etc) so where does that put a guy when a lady says this about him? Is it a subtle way of saying "I like you"?

Any ideas?

Cheers!!

when a girl says you're cute, often what does it mean?

Ugly in a pleasent way.

Adorable with unattractive undertones.

I don't use the word "cute" for men I am sexually attracted to. I use that word for men who are attractive, but who I lack chemistry with. I also use that word as a vague descriptor when I am setting up friends on blind dates, usually to lull the friend into submission.

I don't use the word "cute" for men I am sexually attracted to. I use that word for men who are attractive, but who I lack chemistry with. I also use that word as a vague descriptor when I am setting up friends on blind dates, usually to lull the friend into submission.

Wow! What word do you use for men you're sexually attracted to?

If I said a lady was cute, it would mean looking at her made me feel nice (just like a puppy or kitten.) It wouldn't mean anything about her sex appeal. "Sexy" or "hot" would mean high sex appeal. Cute AND sexy would mean she could make me her slave for life. :bunny:

I think what it means can depend on your age..

Cute to a 14 year old means I like you..

Cute to a 20 year old means I'd do you if there was no one else.

Cute to a 30+ means what BO said.. that you are friend material.

And Cute to someone in love means they like you..

It is all subjective really

hot. sexy. fine as hell. smokin. "bed-able".

Interestink! If a guy said you were "cute," would you assume he wasn't interested sexually?

Reason I ask: I'm kind of old-fashioned. I'd have to know a pretty well before I told her she was sexy, but would tell her she was "cute" much sooner...

I use cute all the time. And in different situations/meanings. I donno, telling a guy i just met he's hot, sounds weird for me. But I will say he's cute. And I'll tell all my friends "OMG he's sooooo cute" lol :) Guys seem to always get upset when I use the word cute tho. *shrug* :)

Interestink! If a guy said you were "cute," would you assume he wasn't interested sexually?

Reason I ask: I'm kind of old-fashioned. I'd have to know a pretty well before I told her she was sexy, but would tell her she was "cute" much sooner...

I try not to assume anything when it comes to that kind of stuff. Of course I am famous for being completely oblivious to blantant flirting. I just don't do that well.

Now when a girl says your cute, does that mean she will go out with you if you ask her? And if she says your hot, does that means she only wants to hook up with you?

My case is different, when I say "your cute" I m really trying to be cute myself and compliment the guy, in a non-agressive , femenine way...I like him.

I would never say: your Hot....it's too sleazy in the beggining.

WHen you have class, it's a way to compliment and flirt with a guy.

When a girl calls you cute, well when I call someone cute anyway, its because I find something or whatever I am calling cute adoring or admirable. Cute could mean that she finds you delightful.

Or it could mean she isnt interested but still thinks your a great person.