lost

tears_n_rain

Hey guys, i've been with my ex for 3yrs then we broke up and immediatley she started goin out with another guy, i was really cut but i didnt blame her becos she'll probably be more happy with her current bf, but lately she keeps on calling me and hinting and saying things like "i thought i loved him, i want to love him, but i don't, i dont think i can ever love someone as deep as i did with you, what shall i do?"

i dont even know how to respond to her, its been 8 months and we're back at the start when we just broke up, its obvious that im not at all over her, but i know its almost impossible for us to get back and i know she will probably be more well off with the guy now.....i want to be frends with her but i dont think i can anymore..i've tried and tried and i guess its not as easy as i thought it could be, shall i cut my friendship off? cos i dont want to ruin her relationship with her boyfrend...the problem is, we have the same bunch of frends..and all my frends rekon im jus gonna put her happy relationship at risk...and they told me to stop being selfish :(

I didnt even realise it, sigh, maybe i should just let them hate me, and then i'll just start a brand new life without the past haunting me

sweetie, she is being horrible... and playing with your heart - although it sounds like she is confused and wants to keep you on string in case it doesn't work out.

Of course you're not over her but if she really loved you as deeply as she said wouldn't she be with you and not this other guy? Actions speak louder than words.

You have to let her go. It sounds like you need a break from being her friend as it's really not working for you and it's not helping you heal and move on from this break up. So tell her you can't be friends for a while, you need some space and then get on with your life. And don't listen to her words or say 'I'm flattered that you feel that way about me it means a lot to me' (it is special) but dont read more into it than that.