He's a christian, do i have a chance?

smile at me

I really like this guy from work and he is a christian, well i was told buy his mates from the same church that he can only date girls from church. is that true?

He's very sweet and shy, he's started flirting with me first that got me noticed him. The things that he's done for me I know he really likes me too...

I just want to know if i should make a move?

Well......YES make a move!

I don't know what, "flavor", his religion is so I don't know about him dating outside of the Church.......but it's a new one on me, I've never heard of such a thing.

Just know that he's not going to be your typical boy next door. He'll not want to party if you know what I mean. The young man will hopefully have a lot of honor, and respect for you and your body.

Handle with care.....

"Christian" could mean anything from "bible-thumping speaking-in-tongues" fruitcake to "raise he11 because God forgives me."

More specific? And what are you (religiously?)

I don't think courtship has any boundaries. If he's interested in dating a girl, that she belongs to his parish or congregation might not be of importance if they're merely dating. Though if it got serious, y'all would start discussing faith and the role it plays in the deepening of the relationship.

superconductor
If he's interested in dating a girl, that she belongs to his parish or congregation might not be of importance if they're merely dating.

There are some congregations, however, that are adamantly opposed to people dating outside of the church "family," unfortunately. What seems like a group of supportive and good individuals can quickly turn into a back-biting, two-faced and downright nasty group if you step outside their self-set boundaries.

Been there, done that.

With that said, most religious communities are not like that. It's just that you have to watch out for the ones that are.

There are some congregations, however, that are adamantly opposed to people dating outside of the church "family," unfortunately. What seems like a group of supportive and good individuals can quickly turn into a back-biting, two-faced and downright nasty group if you step outside their self-set boundaries.

Been there, done that.

A big Amen to that. I was involved in one of those type churches, until I came to my senses and left :confused:, I hate cultish churches, whatever happened to 'judge not lest ye be judged'

To the OP, I truly believe that love can overcome all obstacles. Give it a shot and if it's meant to be, more power to the both of you.

just because he is a christian does not make him off limits. what this make is a better way of life for you!! what religion is he?? there is no religion that I am aware of that he can only date from his church, that is crazy.... I do know that the different religons you should do some research on. I think that cathloic has to mary a cathloic or the person has to convert to cathloic. I think that the jewish has to marry a jewish girl if they are that into the religion and baptist has no prefrence nor the penacostial and jahova wittness. why dont you strike a conversation with him ans say so I heard you can only date girls from your church make it like a little joke and see what he says. if he says yea I do then say that is to bad cause I would like to go out with ya and see what comes of it.:o

just because he is a christian does not make him off limits. what this make is a better way of life for you!! what religion is he?? there is no religion that I am aware of that he can only date from his church, that is crazy.... I do know that the different religons you should do some research on. I think that cathloic has to mary a cathloic or the person has to convert to cathloic. I think that the jewish has to marry a jewish girl if they are that into the religion and baptist has no prefrence nor the penacostial and jahova wittness. why dont you strike a conversation with him ans say so I heard you can only date girls from your church make it like a little joke and see what he says. if he says yea I do then say that is to bad cause I would like to go out with ya and see what comes of it.:o

That's good :) i'll try that one.... thanks

I'll let you know what's happened :)