Not interested anymore?

We have been classmates in graduate school since January, but we just started talking to each other in the summer. I asked him to meet the first time, and then he asked the second and the third. He was taking summer school, I live close to campus, so we met at Starbucks near campus all of those three times.

This semester, to accelerate graduating, he quit his job and took more classes. We all have a lot of works. We had a lunch together three weeks ago. Then Tuesday last week, after finishing the morning class which we are taking together, I saw him studying near the library. I came up, asked him if he wanted to go out for dinner, he said he was trying to finish all his homework to go home in the weekend. He said he might finish by Thursday, and then we could make it on Thursday. But he was sick on Thursday- didn’t go to any classes. In this week classes, during the breaks, he came to my seat to talk to me and the classmates who sat next to me. On Thursday, he asked me how many classes I had (it’s the last day we have class together in the week), if that class was the last one I had in the week, I thought he wanted to have the dinner that we missed. After class, I asked him, but he said no again. He said he always spent Thursday night and Friday to do homework, so that he wouldn’t have to study in the weekend. He said we should set up early if we want to meet, and if I still want to meet him in the weekend, shoot him an email. I was up set and told him he should be the one who shoot the email, cause he was always the busy one.

No email from him up to now. Is he not interested in me any more, or was it because I asked him too late as he said?:confused:

I would say his interest level in you is not high enough for him to change his plans. It doesn't mean he doesn't like you but it does mean he doesn't put you at a high priority. I would classify him as a friend and look for another guy who has more time for you.

• Author

Thanks Yamaha.

He didn't email me in the weekend. But in Tuesday class, he came to talk to me during the break again. It would be easier for me to decide what I should do if he ignored me. Why does he keep coming to my seat to talk?