his best friend likes me

simone

recently my boyfreind, his bestfriend and I have been hanging out a lot. my boyfriend and i have been going out for more than a year, so i've known his best friend, ron, for awhile. i think ron's a great guy and he is a really good friend. the problem with ron is that he has very bad luck with girls. in the year that i've known him, he has had four girlfriends who've ended in bad terms. while he was going through girl problems, i would try to help him so that some day he and his girlfriend and me and my boyfriend could all hang out and be best of friends. well, my boyfriend told me awhile ago that ron told him that he was jealous of my boyfriend and my relationship. ron said that he wanted to have a steady girlfriend who was just like me. i didn't think about it that much because i thought it was just a compliment until the other night. we went to a concert, all three of us, and my boyfriend got really tired and wanted to sit up in the stands while ron and i stood on the floor and watched the band. so when he left, ron and i wanted to get closer. immediatly, ron put me in front of him, took my hand and put the other hand around my shoulder. it made me uncomfortable, but i thought that he just wanted to lead me into the crowd better, besides, it was a limp bizkit concert and it was getting really rowdy. but when we stopped, he then put both of his arms around me and put his hands on top of mine so that he was holding me. i slipped out of it, but then some guy jabbed me in the face and when ron saw that, he yelled at him, saying that i was "his girl" i didn't tell my boyfriend what happened because i think maybe it was harmless and maybe ron just wants to pretend sometimes. i don't know. i just don't want to break up their four year relationship. ron knew my boyfriend before me, it's not my job to break them up, i don't want to hurt anyones feelings.

• 3 weeks later...

Simone,

I think the only real choice you have is to tell your boyfriend about it, but be as open as possible. Meaning tell him in a way that lets him decide if his friend of 4 years is acting out of line. The thing is for your own sake definately tell him. There are also two reasons to support what I'm saying. 1: If you don't tell him and he see's you and his friend, when he is getting close to you, He will almost undoubtedly think that you either provoked it or that you like him too! 2: As stupid as this may sound it does happen. Some guys and there best friends will "test" a girl to see if they are loyal or not. What they do is actually ask there best friend or some other guy to "hit-on" there girlfriend to see her reaction. Infact I've seen times where guys have put a "bounty" on there girlfriends! Which is where the guy says that if anyone can get her to cheat, and then let him know, he will pay them. I know it's stupid, but it happens. I just wanted to give you a little heads up, and say that seeing the possibilities- do you really think it would be smart not to tell him?

recently my boyfreind, his bestfriend and I have been hanging out a lot. my boyfriend and i have been going out for more than a year, so i've known his best friend, ron, for awhile. i think ron's a great guy and he is a really good friend. the problem with ron is that he has very bad luck with girls. in the year that i've known him, he has had four girlfriends who've ended in bad terms. while he was going through girl problems, i would try to help him so that some day he and his girlfriend and me and my boyfriend could all hang out and be best of friends. well, my boyfriend told me awhile ago that ron told him that he was jealous of my boyfriend and my relationship. ron said that he wanted to have a steady girlfriend who was just like me. i didn't think about it that much because i thought it was just a compliment until the other night. we went to a concert, all three of us, and my boyfriend got really tired and wanted to sit up in the stands while ron and i stood on the floor and watched the band. so when he left, ron and i wanted to get closer. immediatly, ron put me in front of him, took my hand and put the other hand around my shoulder. it made me uncomfortable, but i thought that he just wanted to lead me into the crowd better, besides, it was a limp bizkit concert and it was getting really rowdy. but when we stopped, he then put both of his arms around me and put his hands on top of mine so that he was holding me. i slipped out of it, but then some guy jabbed me in the face and when ron saw that, he yelled at him, saying that i was "his girl" i didn't tell my boyfriend what happened because i think maybe it was harmless and maybe ron just wants to pretend sometimes. i don't know. i just don't want to break up their four year relationship. ron knew my boyfriend before me, it's not my job to break them up, i don't want to hurt anyones feelings.