To pursue or not

I made a move for this lady at this busy store, and I really didn't have much time to do any real flirting since there always a line of custumers there, I just asked for her number thinking I'd get a yes or a no and that would be it. However, her replied saying that she didn't have a phone since she just moved in. Since she seemed flattered, I joked how I was supposed to get ahold of her and she said just come back here. I wasn't able to ask or get a feel for anything more since the manager popped into view, so I headed out.

Now in this circumstance after I asked, she was definitely beaming, but her answer of having no phone just seems like an easy no, what do you think? I could vouch that last week when I was there she was being trained so it may be likely that she's new to the area but I thought everyone has a cellphone these days. If I decide to go back then what? How long would it take someone to get a phone hooked up? Any advice do say...

I made a move for this lady at this busy store, and I really didn't have much time to do any real flirting since there always a line of custumers there, I just asked for her number thinking I'd get a yes or a no and that would be it. However, her replied saying that she didn't have a phone since she just moved in. Since she seemed flattered, I joked how I was supposed to get ahold of her and she said just come back here. I wasn't able to ask or get a feel for anything more since the manager popped into view, so I headed out.

Now in this circumstance after I asked, she was definitely beaming, but her answer of having no phone just seems like an easy no, what do you think? I could vouch that last week when I was there she was being trained so it may be likely that she's new to the area but I thought everyone has a cellphone these days. If I decide to go back then what? How long would it take someone to get a phone hooked up? Any advice do say...

That is a strong sign that she is not interested but there is always that chance that she may not actually have a phone just yet. Why don't you try going back when the store isn't all that busy and try your luck again? If she doesn't have a phone yet, ask her to meet you somewhere, like a bar or coffeeshop. If she makes up an excuse for that, then she is not interested.