Cheating Survey Need Volunteers

Nope, it doesn't. Whoever think this is cheating is nuts and weird.

I think it is. And yes, I incidentally happen to be nuts and weird. <grin>

Do you have a problem with that?

If he left you because of it then I guess it counts. :D

It was actually the other way around. :)

Think how you want to, after all it's a free country and everyone has different views. Me, personally I wouldn't mind nor really care a great deal if my b/f does that, cams online nor phone sex, as long as it's not really happening in person (kissing, holding hands, hugging, making-out, sex, you get what I mean).

I think it is. And yes, I incidentally happen to be nuts and weird. <grin>

Do you have a problem with that?

It was actually the other way around. :)

Then that counts here. Your list would be similar to mine...

Female

Yes (he cheated)

Sigh. Rooster. I really hope you aren't trying to "prove" with this kind of highly unscientific poll what I think you're trying to "prove".

However. For what it's worth:

Female.

And yes. (he cheated)

Side note: I really don't think it does any good to try to determine whether more men or more women on these boards have been on the wrong end of infidelity, Rooster. What's the point of furthering an already existing polarization that isn't really based on anything but anger over specific past betrayal and fear over nebulous future betrayal?

The fact is, men and women who have been cheated on have more in common with each other - why should we isolate ourselves in this way, rather than commiserate? I really don't get what you're trying to do.

I mean, I'm sure you're looking for some sort of answers. But you won't find them here. Creating further division isn't going to make anyone happier. Find common ground instead, Rooster. What's the point of anybody hating on "most" men or "most" women? Is it to categorize people as tending to do x, y or z so that it might somehow be possible to avoid that in future? People are human, and often unpredictable. The only truth is that some of them suck, and some of them are awesome. And that goes for both genders. Bitter generalizing based on one or two past experiences tells you nothing about people as a whole and really gets you nowhere.

I'm not trying to pick on you specifically, but this "poll" kind of fits into a sadly common theme around here (spawned in multiple threads, understandably but unfortunately, by posters who come here with broken hearts and are therefore looking to simultaneously "find answers" and lash out at those who done them wrong), and in my opinion, there's already plenty of that on these boards as it is.

Just my two cents.

• Author
Sigh. Rooster. I really hope you aren't trying to "prove" with this kind of highly unscientific poll what I think you're trying to "prove".

I'm not trying to prove anything to myself or anybody else, it's just something fun to do to pass the time.

Regards,

ME - MALE

did i cheat on my ex? never

have i ever cheate? nope

THE X - FEMALE [duh!]

did x cheat on me? no idea

how would i know if x did? wouldn't

do you ever think x would cheat? no

i naively believe that the majority when given the choice would do the right - innocent until proven guilty

[would that statement hold water against facts? - not a chance]

if x cheated would u want x to confirm it? sure

would you be hurt knowing? naw, the break up was a long time ago

any chitikas every cheat on me? yup. 19year old gurl with my best friend [since grade 3]

I'm just trying to validate a feeling I have and I think lot's of people will be interested in the final outcome. I will check in every few days and post the updated statistics as more people respond.

This is what I was responding to, I suppose. Do you really hope to validate anything with this?

Before posting, I went back to read some of your other posts, to get an idea of where you're coming from. You've alluded to thinking, in those posts, that women more often "don't know what they want" and so forth. So that's what concerns me, because of course I disagree, and I don't see how you can determine such a thing from this.

It's just that, every now and then, when the silly "men cheat more" "women cheat more" arguments come up, I just get fed up and want to point out that it's all bollocks. And this poll is a case in point, in my opinion. Again, I'm not intentionally singling you out, because lord knows you're hardly the only poster on here to talk about such gender divisions - and I mean both men and women do it - but I suppose I felt like perhaps there's more point in responding to you than to, say, Woggle, who doesn't often seem interested in considering available objective over subjective information.

Not that I haven't responded similarly to him, in the past. I guess I hope that, even if he doesn't take note of it, somebody reading his threads will. So it might do some good, somehow.

• Author
This is what I was responding to, I suppose. Do you really hope to validate anything with this?

Before posting, I went back to read some of your other posts, to get an idea of where you're coming from. You've alluded to thinking, in those posts, that women more often "don't know what they want" and so forth. So that's what concerns me, because of course I disagree, and I don't see how you can determine such a thing from this.

It's just that, every now and then, when the silly "men cheat more" "women cheat more" arguments come up, I just get fed up and want to point out that it's all bollocks. And this poll is a case in point, in my opinion. Again, I'm not intentionally singling you out, because lord knows you're hardly the only poster on here to talk about such gender divisions - and I mean both men and women do it - but I suppose I felt like perhaps there's more point in responding to you than to, say, Woggle, who doesn't often seem interested in considering available objective over subjective information.

Not that I haven't responded similarly to him, in the past. I guess I hope that, even if he doesn't take note of it, somebody reading his threads will. So it might do some good, somehow.

Your points have been taken, but please open another thread about this I'm trying to do a survey here. :rolleyes:

Female

yes

Xh met a new "friend" and said he felt like he was cheating on HER being with me. But they were just "friends".

Female

yes

Xh met a new "friend" and said he felt like he was cheating on HER being with me. But they were just "friends".

:mad: geez!

Oh, and F

Never cheated, and I've been cheated on.

• Author
Rooster, looks like you ran out of volunteers. So, what's your conclusion so far? I'm holding my breath :)

We had some more posters today, I want to let this ride out for a good amount of time, but I will post current results sometime this weekend.

Cheers!

Your points have been taken, but please open another thread about this I'm trying to do a survey here. :rolleyes:

oh please. the eyeroll is all on this side of the table.

can't wait to hear the results of this survey.

laRubiaBonita
oh please. the eyeroll is all on this side of the table.

can't wait to hear the results of this survey.

i cannot hold my breath too much longer either! :sick:

Flyin in Clouds

I'm male. Never cheated on my gfs or wife.

GF no 1. - 4 years, she broke it off. Did she cheat? Not sure, but probably.

GF no 2. - 2 years, I broke it off after she admited she cheated.

GF no 3. - 32 years wife, and as far as I know she hasn't cheated on me.

I'm more interested in the reason men and women cheat and is there generally a difference in the cause? (women -emotional/romantic, men - sex) And is there a gender difference (in general) of how men and women "get over" being betrayed?

Women cheaters tend to want to be forgiven and don't see why it's so hard for guy to do that, because from a woman's POV, while being hurt, they can forgive their man if he cheated - at least forgiving him once. Yet, it seems to me from reading forums like his men have a harder time of "getting over it". Do men care more about the sexual part of their wife's affair or do they care most about the betrayal - the lie, lack of trust, etc. or do they care that their wife was emtionally involved with someone else?

they care most about the betrayal - the lie, lack of trust, etc. or do they care that their wife was emotionally involved with someone else?

U CAN GET LAID ANYTIME - TRUST TAKES TIME

NO CONTEST [iTS NEVER ABOUT THE SEX - UNLESS YOU ARE THE ONE CHEATING THEN MAYBE IT IS - BUT WHEN THEY RE-EXAMINE THEY SEE - AND THAT'S WHEN IT HURTS. WHEN U 'VIEW' IT JUST AS THE SEX - U DON'T FEEL THE REMORSE OF HURT BECAUSE U HAVE ALREADY SHT OFF TO DO THAT - WHEN U START TO 'FEEL' AGAIN U UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH U DEVALUED YOURSELF, NOT TO THEM, BUT TO YOURSELF]. THAT SHOULD BE THE MOTHER OF ALL LESSONS LEARNED BABE! IF SOMEONE DOES THAT MORE THAN ONCE IN THEIR LIFETIME - THEY ARE PEOPLE WHO DESERVE SUPPORT AND EMPATHY]

• Author

If I counted right, here is what I have so far. Like I stated in the beginning, this is a dirty statistic and probably doesn't amount to much.

Male Cheaters = 11

Female Cheaters = 6

I guess to get a more accurate count you really need to get vast number of people to vote, and have an equal number of women and men voting. Probably would get a little more accurate reading over a long period of time, but that's really no guarantee either.

Peace out, I'll check back later to see if anybody else posts to this thread.

Cheers!

Actually I counted Male Cheaters = 11, Female Cheaters = 8

but anyways, I was a little surprised cuz I thought it would be the other way around. There just seems to be so many posts on LS of female cheating.

but anyways, I was a little surprised cuz I thought it would be the other way around. There just seems to be so many posts on LS of female cheating.

Oh well I guess I'm included there. What does that prove anyways!!!!!!!!! Though in my case I can't really call it cheating.

• Author

There are too many variables to consider to even determine an accurate result, but it would appear that's it's a nearly even problem with both genders if you use these results.