Almost makes you want to stay a bachelor forever

So this past weekend there was an Oktoberfest celebration at Fort Mason in San Francisco. The place is huge and there's always a large crowd with lots of live music, dancing, drinking (of course), and good food. It's a blast.

So my friend and I are walking around just being social, mainly with girls. We start talking to this one girl who's clearly very drunk but also very cute. I start taking pictures of her posing with my friend just goofing off and then next thing you know they're kissing. Then about 5 minutes after that she reveals to us that she has a long-distance bf in Tahoe but "what he doesn't know won't hurt him".

I felt bad for the bf but then I start probing her in a joking way, asking if he's the one and things like that, to which she replies she thinks he is and is all giddy about the whole thing. Of course, this girl obviously isn't going to tell her bf what happened, and it's probably not the first time she's cheated on him.

I just thought the whole situation was both funny and sad. It's enough to make you want to stay perpetually single.

bluechocolate

The boyfriend far away & going to a celebration of beer alone. Ah well, maybe he's getting pissed in Tahoe without her.

marriage is on it's death throws anyway...

where? in the US? it seems to be OK in other countries...

So this past weekend there was an Oktoberfest celebration at Fort Mason in San Francisco. The place is huge and there's always a large crowd with lots of live music, dancing, drinking (of course), and good food. It's a blast.

So my friend and I are walking around just being social, mainly with girls. We start talking to this one girl who's clearly very drunk but also very cute. I start taking pictures of her posing with my friend just goofing off and then next thing you know they're kissing. Then about 5 minutes after that she reveals to us that she has a long-distance bf in Tahoe but "what he doesn't know won't hurt him".

I felt bad for the bf but then I start probing her in a joking way, asking if he's the one and things like that, to which she replies she thinks he is and is all giddy about the whole thing. Of course, this girl obviously isn't going to tell her bf what happened, and it's probably not the first time she's cheated on him.

I just thought the whole situation was both funny and sad. It's enough to make you want to stay perpetually single.

What a shame. The last three women I dated I found out 1 of the was married, and the other two had a least a B/F. I quickly reconsidered my dating them again.

I think I'm to the point to where I just want to date and have sex, no getting involved emotionally.

D'oh!

The situation is sad. Who knows just how serious he is for her. Its sad that some women and men will cheat on their spouse if given the opportunity. It doesn't phase me at all. I am fully aware that anyone is capable of cheating at any opportunity. Just be sure to take things slow and really get to know the person before opening your heart to them.

laRubiaBonita
The situation is sad. Who knows just how serious he is for her. Its sad that some women and men will cheat on their spouse if given the opportunity. It doesn't phase me at all. I am fully aware that anyone is capable of cheating at any opportunity. Just be sure to take things slow and really get to know the person before opening your heart to them.

her dude probably thinks shes the one, and most awesometoo.... either that or while she is at ocktober-fest he is doing some other attention whore.....

girls are freakin bad news..... never trust one further than you can throw her!

her dude probably thinks shes the one, and most awesometoo.... either that or while she is at ocktober-fest he is doing some other attention whore.....

girls are freakin bad news..... never trust one further than you can throw her!

:laugh: Thats silly.

You almost sound serious about not trusting women.

laRubiaBonita
:laugh: Thats silly.

You almost sound serious about not trusting women.

well it really goes the same for both sexes..... unless i have reason enough TO trust them.

well it really goes the same for both sexes..... unless i have reason enough TO trust them.

Like I said above, anyone is capable of cheating, but I will not sit here and assume the worst. If she cheats, then she does, but I will not sit here in fear and worry that my GF will cheat on me.

laRubiaBonita
Like I said above, anyone is capable of cheating, but I will not sit here and assume the worst. If she cheats, then she does, but I will not sit here in fear and worry that my GF will cheat on me.

with me, it's not nessarily even cheating, so much as just trusting someone..... either not to judge me, to criticise me, etc..... honestly, unless i have prooof to believe some one is cheating, it may not cross the vortex.... but the whole trust someone thing ..... with anything and any one person is difficult for me.

with me, it's not nessarily even cheating, so much as just trusting someone..... either not to judge me, to criticise me, etc..... honestly, unless i have prooof to believe some one is cheating, it may not cross the vortex.... but the whole trust someone thing ..... with anything and any one person is difficult for me.

I can understand that. It is hard to trust someone completely. I just feel that life is too short to worry about that type of stuff. I am always prepared for the worst.

laRubiaBonita
I can understand that. It is hard to trust someone completely. I just feel that life is too short to worry about that type of stuff. I am always prepared for the worst.

but by being "prepared for the worst" you have some guard up. so how can you be Totally trusting?

but by being "prepared for the worst" you have some guard up. so how can you be Totally trusting?

You really can't be 100% trusting, but I won't let that bother me or stress me out. I just keep my ears and eyes open and if my gut tells me that something is wrong, then it probably is. I guess that I really can't explain this feeling. Its just something that I acquired along the way.

laRubiaBonita
You really can't be 100% trusting, but I won't let that bother me or stress me out. I just keep my ears and eyes open and if my gut tells me that something is wrong, then it probably is. I guess that I really can't explain this feeling. Its just something that I acquired along the way.

so you have learned to "listen" to your gut instincts always?

did you not before?

so you have learned to "listen" to your gut instincts always?

did you not before?

Not everytime. It varies from situation to situation.

Lets just say that in the past I was very naive.

BenThereDunThat

About how old was this girl? Did they do any more than kiss? If not, chances are she woke up the next day -- if she even remembered -- and felt like sh*t about the whole thing.

Or could be that she's just too flippin' young to have settled down, let alone with someone who lives out of town.

I agree that it's a sad story, but I think that it would be unfair to draw conclusions about the opposite sex basing on what you might witness at events such Oktoberfest celebrations.

The kind of environment you are in *does* count. :)

Most people I know whould not be happy with their SO going to an Oktoberfest event on their own.

I agree that it's a sad story, but I think that it would be unfair to draw conclusions about the opposite sex basing on what you might witness at events such Oktoberfest celebrations.

Most people I know whould not be happy with their SO going to an Oktoberfest event on their own.

Good point!

burning 4 revenge

I forgot about Octoberfest with all the great German pils.

I need to check the local listings. Ich liebe Spatenweissebier

• Author
About how old was this girl? Did they do any more than kiss? If not, chances are she woke up the next day -- if she even remembered -- and felt like sh*t about the whole thing.

Or could be that she's just too flippin' young to have settled down, let alone with someone who lives out of town.

She looked about 22 - 24. They only kissed once. Then we hung out another several minutes before parting ways.

Right, I'm not trying to say that all women will cheat on their men. It was more just an observation from the weekend.

This I disagree with. If you're truly devoted to your partner you should be able to remain faithful in any environment.

This I disagree with. If you're truly devoted to your partner you should be able to remain faithful in any environment.

I actually agree with you.

It's just that I find it easier to witness cheating going on in certain environments - usually, the same ones that some people will hang out in hoping to get laid.

I know a number of guys who travelled a long way to attend Oktoberfest (in Munich) - they were more interested in seizing any chance to cheat on their partners than in drinking beer.

A cheater is a cheater, but might be more prone to admit it openly when far away from home. :)