Too many guys

Courtney

Hi, I hope someone out there can help me. I've got a boyfriend that I've been with for 3.5 years. I'm happy with him, but well, I'm not sure if it's love. Anyway, I wanted to see what other people were like in a sort of innocent way, by placing a personal ad on the internet saying that I want to get to know someone..etc. Anyway, I started talking with two guys who kind of stand out from the rest. The problem is that things got serious.. with both of them, and well, now I've somehow managed to make three guys believe that they're the love of my life. I think I could be happy with any of them, but the fact that I'm not honest with any indicates to me that I'm not really in love with them. Anyway, what I want so desperately to know, is how do you break someone's heart after you've been promising them that you won't hurt them? I don't have any idea how I was stupid enough (and cruel enough!) to get us into this mess.. but well I want to know if there's any way out that will hurt them the least. Thank you so much for responding as I've been so worried about this.

Whew...I've been quite negligent in my duties around this place, but I have returned for some service.

Clearly this 3.5 year relationship you have is over, and I'm willing to wager that it fizzled out long ago. It's quite common for us young people to let relationships go longer than they should. Whether it be inexperience, insecurity, or any other number of factors, it happens. I think this is a sure sign you needed to get out long ago.

The next thing you have to realize is that these other two guys are mainly your outlets for escape. You were looking for a way to disrupt what was going on, and you found it.

I don't know that there's any easiest way to end this, but I think you should get away from ALL of these men. You need to take time apart from relationships to assess your position and do a little growth.

It really comes down to telling them all that you aren't ready for any kind of relationship now, and you need some definite separation. You're only causing them more damage by not cutting them free now. I don't think it's necessary that they all know about one another. That would serve no purpose other than injury. But, all of this needs to come to a close.

Only then can you all make progress.