Does she or doesn't she?

I'm lesbian and have recently grown closer to an accquaintance of mine who's straight. We have a lot of fun together and enjoy being stupid around one another.

However with time I've grown immensely strong feelings for her. I know that she just came out of a relationship but her ex still has a lot of influence/control over her. I don't know whether she'll truly be over him a 100%.

We are on msn everynight as well as in the office. One day we were msning during work, one thing led to another and she asked me whether I was turned on. So I admitted that I was and proceeded to ask her whether she felt uncomfortable that she turned me on. She said she didn't feel uncomfortable and admitted that she was turned on as well.

I spent the weekend at her place but nothing happened but she playfully made comments such as 'I think we're alone now' and 'stop staring at my chest'.

We still hang out but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to listen to her talk about her boy crushes and ex. Now that I've grown to know her I can't imagine life without her. But at the same time it takes a lot out of me to listen to her sometimes.

Is distancing myself a selfish and childish action? Should I declare my feelings for her so that she can reject me? Or should I just be mature, deal with my own emotions and keep the friendship?