"dating" a friend

laRubiaBonita

laRubiaBonita

gosh.... it seems i cannot be the single-dateless girl i once was.

so i am entering(slowly) into a relationship with a long time friend. while we have known each other 5+ years, i really do not know alot about him. i have always kinda liked him & and i have known he feels the same, but we have always been dating others.

we have gone out twice now, the first time was a dinner party of his friends, i had a good time, the second time was a movie.

i know he really likes me.... which makes me soo hesitant, especially after just stomping on the ex's heart.

we have both said we want to take it easy, see what developes... i don't want to lose a friend.....

BUT, i really do not have any type of head-over-heels feeling, no butterflies..... in fact i am not really sure if i am attracted to him yet.

i think i am being to analytical right now... i need to chill and go woth the flow.

I am in the same position. I have been dating someone since May and we have been taking it slow. Just yesterday, I actually agreed to us being a couple. Even though we have been seeing each other for the past six months. This guy really really likes me. He treats me with alot of care and respect. He pays for everything, buys gifts, doesn't push for anything physical. I am not experiencing the butterflies and sometimes wonder if they will ever happen.

BUT, I have read that it is better to be with a man who loves you more than you love him. You won't get hurt. And if he treats you with great respect and doesn't abuse you, then all the better. That is why I have decided to stay with it. He is a great provider and protector. My friends think that he will ask me to marry him in a year or so. We shall see.

I do really like him. We have a great time together. I suggest that you give it some time as well. I am starting to think that it is better not to have the butterflies and drama. It saves us women from all the heartache.

BUT, i really do not have any type of head-over-heels feeling, no butterflies.....

you need an "alphamale" baby :laugh:

she is mine.. every one knows that clowns have the bigger shoe size

you remember that episode of Daffy Duck & Buggs Bunny where Daffy is running around yelling MINE MINE MINE MINE all the time?? Thats what you sound like now.

I will fight you to the death for LRBs hand...:lmao:

So be it !!!

no, really...I just want her hand, you can have the rest :laugh:

Pistols at dawn ?

i was thinking more like a glove slaped to the face..

you remember that episode of Daffy Duck & Buggs Bunny where Daffy is running around yelling MINE MINE MINE MINE all the time?? Thats what you sound like now.

I will fight you to the death for LRBs hand...:lmao:

Can I watch? This sounds really kinky actually! ;):love:

gosh.... it seems i cannot be the single-dateless girl i once was.

so i am entering(slowly) into a relationship with a long time friend. while we have known each other 5+ years, i really do not know alot about him. i have always kinda liked him & and i have known he feels the same, but we have always been dating others.

we have gone out twice now, the first time was a dinner party of his friends, i had a good time, the second time was a movie.

i know he really likes me.... which makes me soo hesitant, especially after just stomping on the ex's heart.

we have both said we want to take it easy, see what developes... i don't want to lose a friend.....

BUT, i really do not have any type of head-over-heels feeling, no butterflies..... in fact i am not really sure if i am attracted to him yet.

i think i am being to analytical right now... i need to chill and go woth the flow.

Similar situation, but im the guy. I've known my gal pal for 4 years and we know quite a bit about each other. The funny thing is when i first met her I liked her a lot, so much that i got 'butterflies'. After awhile the butterflies flew away, and we just hung out a lot as friends. we havent hung out much over the past years except a month ago. Things got a little intimate/flirty and I know she still likes me.

The only reason why im not boning her or making her my gf is because i still want to see what else is out there. The last thing I want to do is make a move on her, and turn around to asking some other girl out...I would lose her completely. Im not even sure if I really do like her or enjoy her company and emotional support, very much confused.

What I say is for both our situations, to continue to hang out and see if anything 'sparks'. If it doesnt, then at least you havent crossed the friend line. If anything does happen, make sure it wasnt because you took advantage of the situation, but because you wanted to. Once you cross the line, there's no going backwards.

Dont think for a second an outsider wont come into the picture and steal the friend, it can happen.

• Author
laRubiaBonita
no, really...I just want her hand, you can have the rest :laugh:

i was thinking more like a glove slaped to the face..

still got both my hands..... guess ALPHA couldn't wait for one of my hands so he used his own :lmao: !